Engg problem (1 Viewer)

bubu

wats this about i need to do an extra 12 units???

im a first year and doing aero eng

and i dont want to do it in the 4th year cause i want to concentrate on my thesis

so i will do the regular 1st year and i guess i'll do some of the subjects in the summer program, although i dont no which ones would be good... so any advice would be good

but i need to be able to do a 3xxx in second year so it will be 48 credits in the second year and also i'll then do 4xxx of the options in the third year and so i'll be able to have a less stressful 4th year

any ideas on wat i can do??

thanks

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Why bother with all that trouble? Just do your degree normally.

bubu

i was thinkin about doin it normally but i forgot wat teacher said that there is a massive fall in no.s between 2-3rd year and i i do jack all in the holidays so i would so rather keep in the study mind focused cause it takes a long time for me to go from holiday mode to study mode and in the holidays i usualli get 4-5 days in the 13 weks to do anythin remotely related to holiday, otherwise its jus watch tv and sleep. i jus want to make the 3rd and 4th year consist of max 36 credit points per annum, and pack on everythin in the early stages so all i have to do is like a thesis a and b and possibly if i want, add another major in my last year

cause i want to major in flight mechanics, aerospace materials and watever floats my boat in 4th year so i can grad with honours.. .hoping for first class honours or if lucky get a medal for hd average for the 4 years...

and from wat ive heard i can do a phd on the off chance without doin a masters

is this right

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
It would have helped your cause significantly to do a combined degree. I'm fast tracking my degree to the point where in 5th year I only have to do 18cp in sem1, and 12cp in sem2. This gives me ages of time to work on my thesis, and like you, I want that HD average medal.

I dunno if it's attainable [3rd + 4th year engo are bitches to get good marks in, and they weight them higher than first 2 years], but I'll work my ass off for it.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
You can only major in so many things because you can only do so many cps before the uni forces you to graduate (unless you have approval of the dean). Check your handbook for more information.

If everything I did actually counted on transcript and I do whatever I like to the max I can handle without major clashes, science would kick me out after semester one next year. 30+cp a semester is certainly possible and bearable.

And don't get your hopes up too high. I know you all think you're bright (or in Keypad's case, actually bright), but uni medals are hard to come by. Maybe relatively exceptional work is easier to come by in engineering than some other faculties, but a hell lot of work still needs to be done for you to attain that standard. You should look at at least a 80 average (HD is better) and 85+ for your thesis. And hope there aren't 10 people in the cohort with those marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)