ENG Studies Marks (1 Viewer)

dpospination

HSC
What have been the highest marks in ENG Studies over the past few years in the HSC. have people been able to get 100?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dpospination said:
What have been the highest marks in ENG Studies over the past few years in the HSC. have people been able to get 100?
If you are referring to ALIGNED marks, the highest mark was 98 last year. I don't remember the previous years' results. But I think it was always in the vicinity of 97-99. I have not seen 100/100.

However, if you are referring to SCALED marks, the highest was 95-96 every year (the 'quality' of students do not vary much every year in ENG study as far as I know). However, scaling changes every year.

dpospination

HSC
wats the difference between aligned and scaled marks? which one is the specific HSC mark that u receive wehn u get results?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dpospination said:
wats the difference between aligned and scaled marks? which one is the specific HSC mark that u receive wehn u get results?
The mark that you get from the paper is your ALIGNED MARK. You don't know what your scaled or raw marks are.

ALIGHNED MARK is derived from your RAW MARK (i.e. your exam result). ALIGNED MARK is pre-determined by markers and if you are within a particular range, you get that mark.

SCALED MARK is derived from your aligned mark.

Engineering - aligned: 47.7/50 = 95/100 and aligned was 49/50 = 98/100

dpospination

HSC
lyounamu said:
The mark that you get from the paper is your ALIGNED MARK. You don't know what your scaled or raw marks are.

ALIGHNED MARK is derived from your RAW MARK (i.e. your exam result). ALIGNED MARK is pre-determined by markers and if you are within a particular range, you get that mark.

SCALED MARK is derived from your aligned mark.

Engineering - aligned: 47.7/50 = 95/100 and aligned was 49/50 = 98/100
ah ok, thanks. so the scaled mark is the mark that will be on the HSC documents when a person receives the final results...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dpospination said:
ah ok, thanks. so the scaled mark is the mark that will be on the HSC documents when a person receives the final results...
yep and the scaling mark is determined by your raw mark.

undalay

HSC
dpospination said:
No the aligned mark is the one that you recieve on your HSC document.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)