• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ENG Mod C related text Q (1 Viewer)

riya03

HSC
For Mod C, I have 2 related texts but i was looking through the past HSC questions and they usually ask for 1.

What if the question says at least one, can i still use two related?

HSC
N/A
For Mod C, I have 2 related texts but i was looking through the past HSC questions and they usually ask for 1.

What if the question says at least one, can i still use two related?
Absolutely, you're not marked on how many texts you do, but rather the quality of it. And Its almost guaranteed they're going to ask for at least 1

K

khorne

If it says at least one, do two. It shows a much deeper understanding of the module and allows for more interesting ideas to develop.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If it says at least one, do two. It shows a much deeper understanding of the module and allows for more interesting ideas to develop.
I'd say if it says at least one then do one because it shows deeper thought into the text and deeper thought of the topic within the prescribed and related texts.
But if you've prepared for two do two if it says at least and one if it doesn't.

clry

HSC
My teacher told once they specified "AND one additional text", not "at least one additional text"... If this is the case - you can only do one - so make sure you have practiced a more in depth analogy of your text + strongest additional. This is unlikely, but hey. They can ask anything (eg. that time they asked for an interview :\)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher told once they specified "AND one additional text", not "at least one additional text"... If this is the case - you can only do one - so make sure you have practiced a more in depth analogy of your text + strongest additional. This is unlikely, but hey. They can ask anything.
This was for Belonging wasn't it?

clry

HSC
Yep. Section III of paper 1 in 2009, I think it was. Sec..

"Understanding nourishes belonging ...
a lack of understanding prevents it."

Demonstrate how your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing
represent this interpretation of belonging.
The prescribed texts are listed on the next page.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep. Section III of paper 1 in 2009, I think it was. Sec..

"Understanding nourishes belonging ...
a lack of understanding prevents it."

Demonstrate how your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing
represent this interpretation of belonging.
The prescribed texts are listed on the next page.
Its unlikely they would do this in paper 2 as it would give standard kids the advantage as most only prepare for one in paper 2 modules and advanced usually prepare for a lot.
It's more likely they'd ask for more than one in paper 2 than just one.

clry

HSC
Paper 2 is different for standard and advanced? Or do they keep the requirements for each the same? (1 text, 2 text, and the like)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Paper 2 is different for standard and advanced? Or do they keep the requirements for each the same? (1 text, 2 text, and the like)
Papers are different but requirements are pretty much the same because they still scale against each other.
I'm pretty sure when you guys got a feature article or some shit we got to pick between web site info and a feature article. I don't really remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)