Emulsions (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
The is a syllabus point on emulsions that i'm unsure about...

The point is:

"perform a first-hand investigation to gather information and describe the properties of a named emulsion and relate these properties to its uses"

"Named Emulsion"?!?!?! and relate properties to uses......

anyone have an answer to it, please help

i don't think "water,soap,oil" is counted as named emulsion...

thanks

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890

i'm unsure about...

thanks
:hammer:

Bile in the human body forms an emulsion with the fat and oil in the small intestine.

The liver produces bile, stored in the gull bladder. Pass down the bile duct and enters the small intestine where it emulsifies fat and oil.

Oil droplets are so small that they can be absorbed through the wall of the small intestine into the bloodstream.

:hammer: :)

And the experiment performed to give a brief demonstration, the oil with water in the test tube shaken with and without detergent. One we did in class
:uhhuh:

nero_46

{Taken From CSSA Trial Answers}

Named Emulsion: French Salad Dressing

French dressing is an emulsion. It is made by adding very small amounts of mustard powder to a small amount of red wine vinegar. Small amounts are added bit by bit until all of it has been added. The mixture is shaken vigorously then allowed to stand.

French dressing is a water-in-oil emulsion that is used on salads; therefore taste, texture and presentation are important. The production of the emulsion means that there is not a layer of oil floating in the dressing, therefore it looks more appetising. The even distribution of oil and red wine particles means that there is a consistent texture and taste to the dressing not the individual components of the dressing.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Originally posted by nero_46
{Taken From CSSA Trial Answers}

Named Emulsion: French Salad Dressing

French dressing is a water-in-oil emulsion
Water in oil... does that mean that the water particles form miscelles in the oil?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)