employment options for med science? (1 Viewer)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
hey im starting med science this year, and i was wondering what sort of employment graduates can look at after the course. i know the website descriptions tell us about medical research etc. but they dont seem to elaborate.
can anyone who has done med sc, or knows someone who does, give me a few hints as to what a med sc graduate will be looking at in terms of employment in the future?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
research in biomedical area, molecular biology area, biochemistry area, etc...

it's rather a highly specific course....

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
or lab technician.. if u dun have a PhD or a Masters and dun plan to get one.. should get the honours tho.. open doors..

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yes, I met a lady whose son has just finished his medical science degree and is working as a lab technician full time, i.e. taking care of petri dishes and agar (standardising the conditions under which they're stored) and other such things. You may be able to progress up the research ladder if you stay long enough--this guy was working part-time in a lab during his degree, was lucky enough to be accepted full-time, and may eventually progress up the research ladder.

mis_0310

eumelio
HSC
i'm doind med sci too!!..but i don't know, i might transfer to a broader degree, since working in a lab doesn't seem all that appealing to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)