Employment Contract - Sick Leave?? (1 Viewer)

Dammit

Hi All,
Currently I have just started a job as receptionist in the medical industry.

They have given me my contract of employment and there are a few things in it that come to my mind:

one is sick leave, it states:

"You are entitled to 5 days sick leave in your first year of service, once you have been employed for a period of three months. You are then entitled to 8 days sick leave in each subsequent year of service."

Is this right that I get so little sick leave?? I am in the A.C.T. I think 5 days worth isn't much considering most ppl get sick in winter here cos its so cold, any thoughts?? and why i dont get any in my probation period??

Also, they have verbally told me that I get one half day off a week (because i will be working more than 8 hours a day), they have said its not in the contract but i do get it, but the first thing in the contract says: "These conditions replace all other written and oral arrangements and understandings between you and the Company." which makes me think that i should ask for them to put it in , to ensure i get my half day off every week.

is there anything else i need to keep an eye out for?

Thanx for your help guys !

kalli

HSC
i am part time so i get pro-rata sick leave...

full time gets 5 days (or 38 hours) paid sick leave. i can take sick leave in my probationary period but it will be treated as unpaid leave.

after first year of employment, u get 8 days paid sick leave (or 60.8 hours).

it seems to be the standard amount...

oh you you should DEFINITELY get that half day off in writing... dont sign the contracty till its in writing...

how much annual leave do you get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)