• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Emma / Clueless (1 Viewer)

jesska

i just cant get into it!! it really bad!! coz i was meant to have finished reading by and of last year...and i still have ony read upto chapter 5!!! im gonna get my ass kicked by my teacher...i got the excel study guide...so im gonna b/s along using that until i finish reading...im bein so slack...not a good start to the year!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
don't watch the gwyneth paltrow version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like, it's good fun to watch after the HSC or something but gah.
there's another version that's better (emma isn't blonde in that one, and she's not meant to be!).. but only watch that after you've read the book!

definitely read the book kids, you can pull out good, relevant quotes while you're writing.. and that will really improve your piece. a good quote can express your point a lot better, and be succinct! verbose passages will not be as effective and will lose you valuable time.

also, if you've got an idea of what you're meant to be writing about, highlight quotes! and write notes on it! that will be EXTREMELY handy.

JimMorrison

HSC
N/A
ugh clueless is so moronic and teeny-bopperish, i dont know why the fuck its on the syllabus
SHEESH

give me aldous huxley anyday

you know aldous huxley was one of Jim Morrison's influences?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by JimMorrison
ugh clueless is so moronic and teeny-bopperish, i dont know why the fuck its on the syllabus
SHEESH
it's an interesting text to study, though :D

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
but its also meant to show how we really haven't changed since austen's time...in terms of values and attitudes that is

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
comparison text between the two
transformation of austen cultures to one of the 20th century

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
as for me , i read emma just once cos i had many notes n didn't want 2 waste time reading , i watched clueless like 3-4 times...

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
My tip : GET THE CRIB BOOK!!
That baby helped me out and got me an 82 for the exams.
Basically follow the themes - I think I did (trying to remember)
Sexuality: Cher is perceived as a sex symbol and director lady specifically went against the stereotype of blonde and made Cher value her virginity way more than Emma who was brought up to be married and boinked in the same day kinda thing.
Social structure - divorce is common in Chers day but opposed in Emma's, Cher is more independent (car, credit cards etc)

Shoot. There was a third and I can't freakin remember it.
The notes are a little dodgy but not bad for someone who can't remember 10 minutes ago!

There's my good citizen act for the day

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
guys..i haven't read Emma...am i stuffed? i know the story and all...read a billion notes and study guides...but people give me that look when i say i havent read it...uh ohlol

chepas

HSC
heya. well, if teachers are the same universally, it might be a good to read it, cos teachs over my direction seem to go 'TECHNIQUES! TECHNIQUES! TECHNIQUES!!" all the time, like lang techs etc etc and all that, even though that finding anything techniquey in it is a needle in a haystack cos everything happens soooo slooowly. i found that reading the book first and then a movie version was good cos the movie cleared some things up plot wise..... a good versoin i think is the one with Kate Beckinsale as emma... when i read the book Mr Knightley just shat me, and he shat me in the beckinsale movie as well, so.., hehe.

so its pretty much a judgement call. all our crazy teachs keep going on on the way we need to show proof for what we do, but that crib book seems pretty decent. neway. just same vague, random thoughts. :)

[cpt ans]

hey guys!

im from sefton and were doing emma/clueless as well. ive watched the movie but im only up to chapter 12 or something in Emma...

ppl say that the book gets better...well they also say that hell will freeze over...

our grade has our half yearlies in two weeks and i dont noe a thing. so im relying on chapter summaries. if you guys want ne notes and stuff on the movie i may have those as well as some analysis on the book...

i may not have read it but i write down notes! email me or sumfin.

gl guys!

-vatch

jimmik

HSC
Originally posted by MissMacbeth
My tip : GET THE CRIB BOOK!!
That baby helped me out and got me an 82 for the exams.

The notes are a little dodgy but not bad for someone who can't remember 10 minutes ago!

There's my good citizen act for the day
ur next citizen act for today: help me plz? would u happen to still hav ur notes and willin to share wif me? plzzzz. i've bought all d study guides i can lay a hand on but excel is not so great, my teacher refuses to allow us to bring it to class cuz she hates it that much cuz ish so bad.

HSC
Hey, guys...
what does it mean when it says:

Consider different readings of texts.

Develop imaginative, interpretive and analytical texts.

i got it off the charles sturt uni site

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
sorry Jimmik, I'm having trouble remembering the notes *I stupidly like a dickhead!!!!* threw out. I have to do this stupid essay again for my english class at tafe and I'm having a fit.
Weirdly enough, my yr 11 work is still exsistant on my computer, but the emma stuff is nooowheerre to be seen!! DAMN ME TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)