Emma/Clueless marked differences in textual form? (1 Viewer)

idont

HSC
So i recently got this question,
Our interest in the parallels between Emma and Clueless is further enhanced by consideration of their marked differences in textual form. Evaluate this statement in light of your comparative study of Emma and Clueless
Ive had this question for some time, and I cant figure out what it means. Ive been racking my brain over it for days and ive only gotten more confused. So, if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
So i recently got this question,

Ive had this question for some time, and I cant figure out what it means. Ive been racking my brain over it for days and ive only gotten more confused. So, if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
Hahaha omg I had to write a practise essay with that exact question.

Too bad I didn't end up writing it.

One example that comes from the top of my head is how Heckerling transposes Austen's use of authorial intrusion to the filmic medium through voice over.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Not an English pro but...

When talking about "consideration of their marked differences", it's basically asking for what contextual influences are notable for Emma and Clueless.

Unfortunately, I don't know both of those texts so I can't help you with points to outline your analysis. However, I can give you an example. From BR and Metropolis, the thematic concern is dystopia where the 'creators' are trying to construct the perfect world which they fail as there are inherent flaws. It's not the best one, but you know how you should go by.

Hope that helps :)
While you should still write about context, the question is asking for the changes in textual form (ie novel to film), so focus on this more :)

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Soulful is correct. In addition, the statement is suggesting that the significant different in textual form (film vs novel) enhances our interest in the parallels. So perhaps think about how, despite the textual form difference (which is quite dramatic, plus all the other changes), a comparison actually draws us to think about what is SIMILAR - what has stayed the same and therefore perhaps central to humanity/society?

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Soulful is correct. In addition, the statement is suggesting that the significant different in textual form (film vs novel) enhances our interest in the parallels. So perhaps think about how, despite the textual form difference (which is quite dramatic, plus all the other changes), a comparison actually draws us to think about what is SIMILAR - what has stayed the same and therefore perhaps central to humanity/society?
omgomgomg is this the fabled tutortales?

Your resources and website have helped me A LOT! Thank you :D

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just to add to the above discussion, another key word in this question is evaluate-make sure you include words like 'to a significant extent', 'to a great extent'.. etc in your evaluation of the extent to which marked difference in textual form can enhance exploration of universal concerns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)