emf (1 Viewer)

michaeljordan23

Moderated User
can somesone tell me what is emf(electromotive force) is it a voltage or is it a push, i', currently ALSO stuck on ac generators
how do you determine the direction of the induced current in the example shown in the jacaranda. it is bloody confusing me , site will help. by the way which topic should i study more for motors and gen, space or from idea to implementation

Mathematician

"by the way which topic should i study more for motors and gen, space or from idea to implementation"

As to this, im sure most will tell u they all have sections worth 25 marks each.

You should try to study the topic ur doing now first(excluding any parts your teacher says will not be in ur exams) and then go to the one ur weakest at or know least about.

I know what to do, its just hard to do it. LOL

N

ND

Originally posted by michaeljordan23
can somesone tell me what is emf(electromotive force) is it a voltage or is it a push, i', currently ALSO stuck on ac generators
how do you determine the direction of the induced current in the example shown in the jacaranda. it is bloody confusing me , site will help. by the way which topic should i study more for motors and gen, space or from idea to implementation
An emf is basically a voltage. IIRC it's energy supplied to each charge, and is measured in volts.

Use the right hand rule to determine induced current, the only difference is that the current will be flowing in the opposite direction to the direction your thumb is pointing in.

I study more for i2i than anything, because it has so many unrelated concepts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)