Elizabeth Case Study (1 Viewer)

aeraw

Is anyone doing Elizabeth for their case study in Ext.? I have some notes on each of the main historians (Bassnet, Camden and Elton) but they are pretty basic. Is anyone willing to trade notes? My trial is next week on tuesday, PM me if you're willing :graduate:

classics_chic

HSC
I did it last year, and I don't really have many notes to speak of (I have lots on my project though :p), but I can recommend looking at Levine, Doran& Freeman ("The Myth of Elizabeth", published last year- if you want to look at pictorial history, which was my focus, you have some pics in there), and (if you're desperate, it's not so good) Erickson.

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I would reccoment looking at Neale's book. Of most importance to look at is the book and subsequent documentary by Starkey which is absolutely excellent!

Also, you should definitely use the textbook by Mervyn. That is essential reading and studying for this case study. You have to get it imported from England and it costs around $70 but it's absolutely worth it. It even has lengthy discussions on different historical interpretations of different events by different historians with extracts from those historians to help you.

Hope that helps!

Paroissien

HSC
Where did you all get the majority of your information from?

aeraw

ill post what notes i have in the resource section, its primarily about the elton vs bassnet debate on gender
take a look at some of the exemplar responses from last year too, its a great source of information and shows how your essays should be set out

EDIT: on second thoughts they are a bit brief, so if anyone wants them just PM me or leave your e-mail here...hope they help

Last edited:

the questions

P*O*R*T*I*A said:
I would absolutely love anyones notes on Elizabeth! Ah, that would be such a great help
Thanx
I am with portia (hey portia, its claire!!!!)
if anyone could send any notes to portia or clairefarrugia_@hotmail.com I would love you forever and ever.....I do extension english postmodernism and have heaps of notes on that if any of you do that!?
We are lost with information and only realise we need to know a lot about only 2, to 3 historians.....
please send me some and me and portia will try to help with any other subject we do the same!!
thanks...and good luck....

the questions

aeraw said:
Is anyone doing Elizabeth for their case study in Ext.? I have some notes on each of the main historians (Bassnet, Camden and Elton) but they are pretty basic. Is anyone willing to trade notes? My trial is next week on tuesday, PM me if you're willing :graduate:
Aeraw, I do extension english, english advanced, modern, ancient, extension history and geography.....If I can help you with any I will and If you could send me your notes to clairefarrugia_@hotmail.com (underscore there)....that would be sooooooo good......
really, really, really starting to freak out with my lack of Liz knowledge!

P.S
Everyone post good internet resources if you know any!

pocohantas

ahhhhhh elizabeth

oh dear elizabeth....
if only we'd known befor the hols that our teacher has no idea about this course...great ancient teacher...but thinks hist ext is the same....ITS NOT>>>>>YOU CANT JUST LEARN ABOUT ELIZABETH....

well....how much can people find that their historians say which is relevant to their chosen eliz case studies...???

i can not,,,at present find enough for a whole essay...prob because i have no good notes....
and am desperately tring to get some last min...so if any one would be kind enough to contribute to the hist ext charity cases, P*O*R*T*I*A, small town and Pocohantas i'm sure we would give up any other good notes we had...

thanx
good luck with study everyone

Paroissien

HSC
Hahah. This is quite humorous. Everyone is after notes, but it seems no-one has any, or at least they are not willing to give them away

Paroissien

HSC
lol. My thoughts exactly. I'm just thanking my lucky stars that I had a good teacher, so I'm not in the same boat as everyone (most people) else.
Wooh!

kcikat~

HSC
N/A
Sos!!!!notes On Elizabeth Needed!!!!!

CALLING ALL EXT HISTORY STUDENTS WHO ARE STUDYING ELIZABETH1 AS A CASE STUDY!!!~
plz send notes to khirou@hotmail.com ~nethin would b appreciated!

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
thanks guys, really appreciate your sympathy!... you will get your karma for being nasty to us poor suffering Elizabeth losers!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)