Electronics Boutique: Casual (1 Viewer)

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Anyone work/worked there?

I applied for a job, any information on what it's like would be awesome.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Your chances are probably very low because everyone wants to work there.

X

xeuyrawp

IronMaiden said:
Anyone work/worked there?

I applied for a job, any information on what it's like would be awesome.
Yup, EB Chatswood was my first real experience in retail.

What would you like to know, specifically?

withoutaface said:
Your chances are probably very low because everyone wants to work there.
How is that at all constructive?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i'd hate to work in a job where your customer base was anoying little 13 year old kids.

X

xeuyrawp

breaking said:
i'd hate to work in a job where your customer base was anoying little 13 year old kids.
Actually, Matt, the customer base is the parents. :)

HSC
one of the guys i work with used to be there.
he said he used to have to do shrink wrapping all day when he was new
and occassionally some kid would grab all the empty display cases out the front and run, realise they were empty, dump them and then security would find all these game cases in the bathrooms.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
miss_unsquiggle said:
and occassionally some kid would grab all the empty display cases out the front and run, realise they were empty, dump them and then security would find all these game cases in the bathrooms.
haha!! :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't mind getting a job there, but like many jobs which look fantastic from the outside, it might not end up being so flashy. Sure, it's a gamer's dream to work there, but obviously the games aren't yours and chances are it's not like you have many opportunities to actually play them anyway (right, Pwar?).. especially since I'm not even a fan of console-gaming, and I highly doubt EB distributes high-end gaming PCs to their retail franchisees for customer enjoyment of Quake 4, Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty. So effectively, it might end up being just a POS chick job, plus additional duties such as searching up stock availability for customers, looking for them 'at the back', shrink-wrapping boxes etc. Having jumped around in various retail positions in the past 7 years, including IT sales have definitely taught me that some jobs just aren't.. fun. Even though they appear to be.

However I'd LOVE Pwar to prove me wrong on everything I just said, so that it may convince me to apply for a job at EB just to see if it's all it's cracked up to be.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Shrink wrap your bosses face and steal as many games as you like. Including all the WoW time cards.

Sounds like an awesome job.

Some_Guy

HSC
IronMaiden said:
Shrink wrap your bosses face and steal as many games as you like. Including all the WoW time cards.

Sounds like an awesome job.
steal a card for me. in fact get several.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)