Electrical Vs Mech Eng... (1 Viewer)

toymachine

So i need a bit of a push...i was origianlly heading towards Mech eng, now im also lookin at Elec eng too. Im into cars, computers, knowing how things work, designing, creating, building, interested in electrical devices and how they work. I would do mech eng to ultimately work in the auto industry somewhere...even maybe F1 (dreaming lol). Yeah i dunno, peoples got any ideas.
BTW, doing EXT1 Maths (did EXT2 for a little while), physics, software D&D, english and PD/H/PE

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I do telecommunications engineering, which is kindqa electrical, and i'll tell you if you like to to work with cars/machines do mechanical engineering. Cause in electrical everything is simulated on computer :D.

also, in mechanical you get to build stuff (in first year) and compete with others.

adsta

HSC
Look into mechatronic engineering. It's bascically electrical engineering + mechanical engineering + computer science.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
it is to my understanding that mechatronics looks at thge links between electrical and mechanical system, and doesn't do either in detail, although the UNSW course is mostly mechnaical.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
yeah, its a general overview of the different aspects rather than detailing one particular facet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)