Electrical Engineering (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Does electrical engineering incorporate a lot of the Motors and Generators concepts in the HSC? I decided not too put it as one of my choices on the basis that I hate M&G.

paddy_mac

HSC
At the start I felt the same. I wasn't liking it cause I wasn't really getting it. But now it all makes sense to me and it's interesting. I was hesitating putting it down as a preference but now I've put it down as one.

Tranasonic

Audiophile
HSC
I'm a first year a UTS studying electrical engineering. Throughout the year I have done only a very small amount of motors, but that was more deriving equations about them, nothing like what was done in High School physics. I think You can course to do motors as an elective in the latter years of the degree.

HSC
Not too sure about later years but so far first year doesnt have anything from Motors and Generators. I don't think we've done anything that goes into Motors and Generators a whole lot.

Tranasonic

Audiophile
HSC
From what I'm seeing from the Electrical Engineering course, through the first few years you build up an insane bank of knowledge, i.e types of circuits, how things work, how to derive shit, lots of maths, lots of concepts, then later on in the course you use all the shit you know, ie for your final year thesis thingy or in your internship and then into the workplace to make and design things.

Tranasonic

Audiophile
HSC
Not too sure about later years but so far first year doesnt have anything from Motors and Generators. I don't think we've done anything that goes into Motors and Generators a whole lot.
You haven't done anything about AC machines which is pretty much a segue from Faraday's law/Transducers?

cyrius

HSC
No, I dont remember any M&G stuff even in Physical Modelling. Don't worry about what you hate in your HSC (I hate the whole idea of physics actually), youll get into uni and youll basically be doing it again and youll get everything.

From what I'm seeing from the Electrical Engineering course, through the first few years you build up an insane bank of knowledge, i.e types of circuits, how things work, how to derive shit, lots of maths, lots of concepts, then later on in the course you use all the shit you know, ie for your final year thesis thingy or in your internship and then into the workplace to make and design things.
Dont scare them off with "lots of maths" and "derive shit".

@kaz1 all you have to worry about is why you chose electrical as a major. I mean its effed, seriously. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)