Electrical Energy In The Home (1 Viewer)

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
So I going to have an exam in a few days time relating to this module an I just want to ask a few questions to clarify my understanding of the module

1. Different circuits are used in our homes for lighting and powerpoints

a) What is the main difference between these circuits
b) How is the difference reflected on fuses or circuit breakers used in different circuits

2. In a circuit do you have to draw and label a voltmeter or ammeter if the question does not specify or can you just draw a conducting wire, resistor and battery only?

3.If a current- carrying wire is bent into a loop, why is the magnetic field inside the loop stronger than the magnetic field outside?

4. Is the function of the circuit breaker is to protect against fires caused by household circuits?

5.Is the direction of electrons flow from uncharged objects to negatively charge objects?

6. How do you calculate the potential difference between two points in a circuit?

labousaleh

HSC
1) a)Current is constant in a series circuit whereby the current is split in parallel. In series the voltage is split between components and in parallel the voltage remains constant. Eg. Lighting uses parallel so that in case one goes out, the rest of the house remain on .
b) We have moved on from fuses and on to circuit breakers primarily due to to the convenience of them, flicking on a switch compared to circuit breakers compared to changing a wire in fuses.
2) Only if specified and depends on what type of circuit :p
4) The function of a circuit breaker is to disconnect a circuit when there is too much current flowing through it ie. when there is a short circuit.
5) It depends. For example if a negatively charged object, for instance, is placed near an uncharged object, the negative charges move away from the charged object and the positive charges move towards the charged object.
6) V=IR

theind1996

HSC
N/A
So I going to have an exam in a few days time relating to this module an I just want to ask a few questions to clarify my understanding of the module

1. Different circuits are used in our homes for lighting and powerpoints

a) What is the main difference between these circuits
b) How is the difference reflected on fuses or circuit breakers used in different circuits

2. In a circuit do you have to draw and label a voltmeter or ammeter if the question does not specify or can you just draw a conducting wire, resistor and battery only?

3.If a current- carrying wire is bent into a loop, why is the magnetic field inside the loop stronger than the magnetic field outside?

4. Is the function of the circuit breaker is to protect against fires caused by household circuits?

5.Is the direction of electrons flow from uncharged objects to negatively charge objects?

6. How do you calculate the potential difference between two points in a circuit?
I don't think you actually have any understanding of a lot of things since you just blatantly go around asking questions/getting others to do your homework.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)