Electric Motor Construction (1 Viewer)

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
Hi, so I've got this assessment.

Basically - "Electric Motor Construction"

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has done such an assignment in the past and if they could provide me with some ideas/hints/advice in how to approach this -construction-

Thanks in advanced. Websites and such would be appreciated.

Slowness

HSC
A very simple one you can develop your idea on...

When i did motors and generators, we got a piece of copper wire, put it over a cork and made a few loops. Then shaved off one side of the copper so it was bare and put it on a custome made piece of metal connected to a transformer. Then if all goes well, it spins round and round and round. The more wire, the faster but the more weight so ... An optimum is good. This was reallly a simple version. perhaps you can develop.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
At your school a tri pole DC motor will get you 20/20

:p

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
where are u going to buy permanent magents from? or are u planning to use an electromagnet.i don't think that three coils are needed for a standard HSC assesment

Shoom

HSC
N/A
If he wants 20/20 at his school its either a FLAWLESS tri pole DC motor or AC induction motor.

Get the perm earth magnets from JayCar

joshiiec

HSC
How exactly do you make a split ring commutator for a tri pole dc motor, i can't figure it out?

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
maybe trying making three different commutators and put them together.... you will need six brushes... GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)