Elective 2: The Software Developer's view of hardware. (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by MysticEye
yep.. at first i was just so overwhealmed bout it all i couldn't do any of it, but iv'e kept practicing and practicing, now im getting the hang of it, if anyone else is having troubles just keep at it u'll get used to it... if i can do it trust me anyone can!
yeah practices make perfect

we just started this option topic like a week or so ago...

lol we're so behind...

and theres like 3 periods left and we're wondering if we can finish it in time

fatmuscle

HSC
yeah, we did about 3 whole periods doing binary maths.
It's really really good if you do lots of it.

btw, how do you people do subtraction?
cos at school, we were told to 'cross out the entire number and re-write it' when you 'borrow' a 10.
I never did it that way as i always got it wrong.

JRasnier

well you get the two's complement of the second number, so u have to do one's complement since its a negative number...
then u add the first number with the two's complement of the second number (the one being subtracted).....

Most of the working out is just changing the second number to two's complement of it...

thehalford

This elective is ridiculously easy. I still can't believe I failed to pick the half adder in the Trial though.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Ye the elective is pretty easy, managed 16/20 for that option in the trial with minimal study :)

TheKey

HSC
wait a sec so you all agree that "hardware" topic is much easier.

Doesnt that mean alot of students will do really well in 'hardware option' exam, and when they average the spread with the people in 'languages' topic, wont the marks go heaps down for 1/2 smart people doing hardware option.

i heard they moderate marks, so every option topic has to have similar (if not identical) spread and average.. this is from what our teacher told us when we were choosing pysics options, so i assume same for sdd.

(i blame the teacher if i am wrong with this)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
wait a sec so you all agree that "hardware" topic is much easier.

Doesnt that mean alot of students will do really well in 'hardware option' exam, and when they average the spread with the people in 'languages' topic, wont the marks go heaps down for 1/2 smart people doing hardware option.

i heard they moderate marks, so every option topic has to have similar (if not identical) spread and average.. this is from what our teacher told us when we were choosing pysics options, so i assume same for sdd.

(i blame the teacher if i am wrong with this)

I highly doubt majority of schools will be the doing the other option, this option topic is the quickest topic to learn, it's even faster than social and ethical issues lol

MrMiK

I think its a good topic.
I know two people from my class have elected to complete the other option topic by themselves, as they have no idea about this. personally i think they didnt try much at all to understand.

In the textbook, this topic is much larger.. but in the syllabus, it is smaller... kinda weird..
makes me think that its got alot to do with the method if thinkn, and concepts, not actual facts. This means that if you are once of those 'hey-ho-remembery' fellaz (or shelaz) you might do better at the other topic, where if you can expand on concepts you know.. u do better at this.
i think im not makin any sense right now.. but anyways..

i know that i understand all the topic. i need to remember a lil bit more before its mastered.. but i still have trouble doing arithmatic fast.. cuz i just cant. stupid maths.

O. and has anyone learn the specific printer commands? cuz i havent, and i read at the end of the syllabus. just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)