Elective 2: Powerplay Help (1 Viewer)

royaaran

HSC
“At the heart of representation are acts of deliberate selection and emphasis”

Do the texts you have studied demonstrate this in relation to power? (set text and related text)

can someone help me with that ugly question? Like just start me off atleast..im so confused :S

thanks

Wric

HSC
Gah! i read that question too from a past HSC paper... I would have no idea how to answer that, have you figured it out yet?

beemz

HSC
royaaran said:
“At the heart of representation are acts of deliberate selection and emphasis”
isnt it just like... what techniuques the composers use, and justify why they used them... like the topic is representation and text so the composer deleberately selected and emphasised certain dialogue or stage directions etc. so to repreent the power/play
..that my.... input.. :) :S

Last edited:

Harpy

HSC
I've been struggling with that question all day, its really not nice.
Im guessing that you kinda have to justify why certain powerplays are put into the text....
i still dont really get it, and my trials are tomorrow...i hate english powerplays!!!!!

jazzaholic

HSC
I think I'd look at this question as how the powerful seperate the society they are trying to control. Like in 1984 and the inner/outer party and proles. Then what they do to emphasise the seperations and how that enables them to control more easily.

I dunno if that's any help... but if i was given that question thats the angle to tackle it I'd take
xxoo Jassa

jazzaholic

HSC
that made little sense... i think i meant how they select the people to seperate them...
xxoo Jassa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)