ELEC1112 in the Summer (1 Viewer)

MilkDrinker

HSC
Hi all,
I was contemplating doing ELEC1112 during the summer period to make some room in sem1 next year.
I was wondering if any of you out there have done that and what you thought of it? Would you suggest for me to take it in the summer? Even if you haven't done it in summer, I am still interested in what you thought of the subject.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I found it quite a difficult course when I did it in first sem. Was my lowest mark by almost 20 in comparison to my other marks.

However I really enjoyed the course, and I constantly see myself doing challenging questions that ELEC1111 students do currently.

Not sure how it runs in the summer though. Given the summer semester is short (9 or 10 weeks iirc), then you would probably want to work hard on it given that its not an easy course and its done in less time.

If you think you are willing to do some extra work in the summer then go for it.

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you are doing electrical engineering, I would advise trying to do ELEC1111. I have friends that did ELEC1112 and have said the exams in 1112 are much harder than 1111, and to be honest I'm doing ELEC1111 now and I still believe that is a challenging course.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Unless you are doing electrical engineering, I would advise trying to do ELEC1111. I have friends that are did ELEC1112 and have said the exams in 1112 are much harder than 1111, and to be honest I'm doing ELEC1111 now and I still believe that is a challenging course.
inb4 I know you.

Our 1112 exam rekt everyone completely. There was even some sort of aligning involved from the way I looked at it. A few people I heard even ended up with a Pass Conceded.

MilkDrinker

HSC
Hi,
Thanks for the replies :D
I might consider doing it and checking it out for the first few weeks or so. (I'll see if it has a census date and whether I can drop before then if I don't want to continue with it).
I am doing mechatronics and elec1112 was on the outline :p so I don't really think I have a choice. Or do I... hahah might call up and see if it will greatly disadvantage me later on...
But from what you said... It sounds intense hahah
Thanks

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hi,
Thanks for the replies :D
I might consider doing it and checking it out for the first few weeks or so. (I'll see if it has a census date and whether I can drop before then if I don't want to continue with it).
I am doing mechatronics and elec1112 was on the outline :p so I don't really think I have a choice. Or do I... hahah might call up and see if it will greatly disadvantage me later on...
But from what you said... It sounds intense hahah
Thanks
ELEC1112 and ELEC1111 are completely equivalent.

I have a few Electrical Engineering buddies doing ELEC1111 right now because its equivalent and won't affect their final UOC in comparison to doing ELEC1112. So cringe worthy they had one less topic to study for the mid sem (though it was of similar difficulty any way).

But just to make sure, ask your program coordinator. Also, tbh if I was in your situation I would do ELEC1112 in sem one next year (unless you really wanted to do ELEC2141 sem one next year) and do something else in the summer instead that's a lot less full on.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
When I spoke to the mech office; they said that you MUST do ELEC1112 or get a really good mark in ELEC1111.

does your name start with 'M'?

MilkDrinker

HSC
I haven't been to the Mech office to ask about this, so I don't think the person whose name start's with 'M' is me (either way my first name doesn't start with an 'M').

I realised, I don't really have much choice any more since ELEC1111 is only offered in sem2 next year, and none of my other subjects are offered in summer, and the only subject I could switch ELEC1111 with is a maths subject and that would mean I do two math subjects in the first sem so long story short... I am just sticking to ELEC1112 in sem1 :D

Oh well, thanks for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)