elec eng.. (1 Viewer)

username?

HSC
guys..is this okay for doing in semester 1?
math 1131
phys 1121
comp 1911 and
engg 1000

and what do i do in sem 2 cause the same courses are displayed when i try to enrol into classes. i put my plan as electrical engineering, not comp sci though.
and are the 1st semester eng student timetables quite crap..cause mine is. barey get time to breathe

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
http://www.eet.unsw.edu.au/programs/courses/3640New.pdf

That tells you what courses you need to do. And you can make your own timetable by selecting "Add Courses" and not using the "Auto Timetable" button. That way you can choose when you want what. Once your enrolled use the "Drop Course" button to remove a course or to change times of labs/tuts/lectures for that course.

username?

HSC
thanks man...if they give us a choice between math and higher math, why would anyone choose math higher. is it included anywhere you did higher math or is it beneficial in any way? and how do i use theyear planer thing...is that good too? thanks alot

gman03

HSC
I'll tell you why you should do higher mathematics.

Higher maths is not like they will teach you things outside uni maths, but actually teach things a little bit faster and a bit more in depth. In first year it will teaches you concept that will be introduced in second year anyway (second year elec subjects AND second year maths subject). People who did ordinary maths or didn't pay attention to higher maths have the "what the fuk" look when the lecture spend little time going over it while people who have done higher maths don't see what so new about it. Now if you get a "what the fuk" feeling in the first few weeks of a course you will struggle through out the year (as a lot of people did... just have to look at the mid-year exam results...)

So by not choosing higher maths, you are just shifting your work further back in the years.

THat said you are allowed to do ordinary physics and maths, thou they will be using the same set of lecture notes and tutorial question anyway.

username?

HSC
thanks gman. that was pretty useful. i think id better drop the math and join the higher math instead.

gman03

HSC
No worries, beside you can change from higher to ordinary if you dislike higher, and because higher runs at faster pace you would not fall much behind in the material.

Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)