Einstein and plank's different view? (1 Viewer)

mojako

HSC
ashtor said:
whats the manhattan project??

Jase lost me...coz if Planck was such a nationalist doesnt that mean he DOESNT want scientific research to be exempt from social and political forces, i.e., he'd do anything to help his country so he doesnt care whats done with the reserach unlike Einstein who thought it should be pursued with a responsibility on how it is used thus it should be removed from political forces in case they use it to do some bad shit like his work on energy and that being used to make bombs?????
looks like we need to define "removed from social and political forces" first...
what does it mean??
is it that the researcher doesn't consider how the results would be used or is it that the results must not be used for bad things?
I think this is the main reason why we're getting this contradiction about who wants research to be removed from social and political forces.

Also, is it better not to mention the phrase "removed from social and political forces" and say what Xayma did?

BTW Manhattan appears in Quanta to Quarks elective so I don't see it as really necessary to mention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)