efficient way of studying? (1 Viewer)

Lizcat

HSC
is doin alot of past papers effiecient in studying, what else should i do??

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
zeek said:
hahaha too right....

Yeah, do past papers and if there's anything that you don't remember - like the formula for eccentricity of a conic or something - go back in your text book, look it up, do a couple of examples then keep on going with the exam. (at least that's what I'm doing, and it's worked ok so far)

Although don't worry so much if you can't do questions 7 and 8, just get a good grip on the basics. Make sure you're getting close to full marks for questions from integration, the easier volumes, complex numbers, graphs and the polynomials in the earlier sections of the paper.

If you can do all these things, then tomorrow in the exam you might be able to have a decent stab at the hard stuff.

After a while, you'll realise that most of the HSCs are pretty much the same, the only things that tend to be different are the mechanics questions - it's such a big topic that they have a lot of different things they can ask.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
blackiejim said:
What would say a 30% raw mark get scaled to in 4 unit? just curious......
Probably somewhere in the 70s (aligned mark) but it depends on how well everyone else does and other factors.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lizcat said:
is doin alot of past papers effiecient in studying, what else should i do??
I'm reading this excel book of 50 exam tips by Jeff Geha, also just been looking through common formulae learnt in the maths course in general.

bboyelement

HSC
Riviet said:
I'm reading this excel book of 50 exam tips by Jeff Geha, also just been looking through common formulae learnt in the maths course in general.
true that, you should know the 2 unit formulas like timestable ... eg. perpendicular distance etc. this stuff is assumed knowledge in 4 unit ... although you might not use it but if it pops up you are screwed ... also like area of a segment (minor and major) sum of geometric series blah blah ... i have been a lot of past papers and it requires you to use some 2 unit formulas everynow and then.

ok stay off the computer now ... me included, im only joking but i think you guys should rest now... get your mind of maths and dont stay up late ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)