Effedctiveness Of Family Law (1 Viewer)

raybow

HSC
N/A
does anyone have notes or essays on the effectiveness as stipulated in the sllyabus???!?!?!?

dynamic22

Future Dictator
HSC
i dont have any, but its just common sense. look at the various issues that occur within family problems and see whether there is legislation to help solve the problem.

if there is more legislation then non legsilation then it shows that family law is effective etc etc

davidatsyduni

HSC
i used to have a set of notes, but not anymore. generally, i picked up on some things that i hope can be of assistance to u too. first, when u talk about effectiveness of anything, u should refer to the criteria in the syllabus- equality, enforceability etc. it doesnt matter how many legislations u have that regards an issue, because it wont be effective if its good for a wife and discriminates against the husband, or covers a lot of subject matter but cant be enforced etc. these crieria arent essential to the marking criteria, however it would strengthen your agument significantly (being able to evaluate an issue, based on many smaller sub-issues). secondly, i noticed that the dot points in the options weren't really relevant to the 'effectiveness' essays. i sat legal studies in 2003, and noticed in all years previous (and it was the case in 2003) that all option questions was more or less 'evaluate the effectiveness of...' so, a textbook about consumers regarding the history of motor vehicles or travel agents werent really relevant to my effectiveness essay. what i ended up doing was preparing a general template that covered all the criteria (equality, enforceability, accessibility...). then in doing practice essays, all i did was reproduce the blueprint essay and add in specific facts or laws relating specifically to the question. For example, for all questions (any topic) i found that when talking about accessibility, the material was always the same. i did consumers and family, but under accessibility i would always talk about legal representation costs, education (knowledge of the law) and time delays. for consumers i'd add in specifics, like the development of the fair trading tribunal being a product that helped improve accessiblity by reducing costs and tiem delays. hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)