Effects of Drug testing? (1 Viewer)

lilems13

We got this question in our trials - what are the effects of drug testing in sport. What kind of stuff would we talk about?

blacmajic

HSC
N/A
well, i think you would go into stuff like:
It makes it fairer for people participating
People are less likely to try and get away with it because there is more chance that they will get caught.
The focus can now be on the human capabilities and not on who can get the most drugs.
Also it gives sport a bad name, people begin accusing athletes who show a great amount of capability or strength. People who are stronger or faster than the other people are subject to discrimination because people immediatley assume they are taking drugs.
It also gives sport a bad name by showing how many people actually take drugs in sport and competitions.

I dont know if thats everything, but its what i could think of off the top of my head!
hope it was helpfull!!
good luck with the exam!!!

sarah_

there was a question regarding the impacts of drug testing in the hsc 2 years ago. it is highly unlikely they will test it again within 2 years of that paper (since everything from syllabus needs to be touched on every 5 years), but i guess its better to be safe than sorry. consider going to the board of studies site and reading the marking guidelines from that question. it was in the 2002 paper i think :)

HSC
You can also mention the side effects drugs have on the body, such as:
Skeletal abnormalities, joint and muscle problems,diabetes, heart disease, aggression,nausea,dehydration,headaches and possible death.
thats just a few examples,
You can mention that having Drug testing in sport can minimise the risk as drug testing can act as a detterent to some athletes that are thinking about taking drugs.
oh well... hope it helps..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)