Effects of Astrophysics on society? (1 Viewer)

Yellow

i can't really see any real great impact on the effect astrophysics holds on society. can you?

maybe.. perhaps, finding out that space wasn't the heavens. but that's about it i guess. oooh, and all the science fiction movies out about black holes and space travel. but that's nothing. am i missing something here?

hm...
1. greater understanding of our existance, where we are from, etc
2. philosophycal and religious perspective - we are in significant and we are not the center, thus changes the perspective of viewing our place in the universe as a whole
3. scientic view. knowing the features of the moons and sun etc allow us to utilize htem in predicing weather and things like solar winds and etc

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
following on from 1234567's 2):

A turn towards eastern religions and old pagan ones as a remedy to fill that blow to ego. The apparent insignificance has revolutionised the life of society. Contributed to post-modernism... yadda, yadda, yadda...

they seems to have stopped counting posts too... :( This is real *pro bono work*

i remember we had to do this for our journal in our school
and we' suppose to research it though
i just bullcrapped abou tit, and hey i got full marks!
hahaha......

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
there have been other spin-offs from space too remmeber, microwave ovens for one......dervelopments of advanced propolsion systems. don't forget ego expansion and the cold war/space race..... and if youre talking about the elective topic, this about the origins of the universe, projected life of our sun and destruction of earth,)perspective chenge-theres that english shit again) determining stellar distances origin of elements, nuclear reactions, an understanding of LIGHT, life in other worlds....just rattle shit off the top of your head......

kate@bangas

the research they put into building the equipment etc has contributed to society, ef TEFLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i think it was for this dotpoint!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)