effective ways for studying for business. (1 Viewer)

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
ok, i find a few effective ways of studying,
-make summaries of all your topics using various sources- textbooks, excel, class notes, study cards, etc.
-make notes on your case study.
-you can make your own study cards and have questions so that you or someone else tests you.
-do lots and lots of practice hsc questions especially the extended response questions.
-don't assume you know what will be in the hsc because you don't.
-don't worry bout if you have the best textbook, as long as you can understand and be able to write about each point on the syllabus you will be fine, the hsc can't test anything not on the syllabus.

ok, heres my suggestions, does anyone have any others?

HSC
'-don't assume you know what will be in the hsc because you don't.'
i'll have to disagree with you there..in business studies, you will always know that the last extended response question will be on globalisation..ALWAYS..and you would need to know your case study well for this part too..
and there's probably a set general topic for the long extended qs

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
sorry to argue, but its NOT definitely going to be on globalisation, it has been for like the last two years but that DOESN'T mean it will be! they will prob change it, it can e on any of the topics!

santaslayer

HSC
Mindmaps!!

Oh yeah, globalisation is easy when ypu do both economics and business. :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
my advice is perhaps just odn't assume there will be globalisaiton in the last question, but do keep in mind that the probability of a globalisaiton quesiton appearing is fairly high.

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
for too lazy, the last question on the 2003 paper was on employment relations, not global!!!!!

santaslayer

HSC
If you do Legal Studies (Workplace), Business Studies and Economics, then you only have to study once for workplace agreements/awards/enterprise barganning. etc. :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I keep switching between the syl. and the text book summary AArrg

FcUk

Trust me the Business Syllabus is probably the easiest syllabus to refer to as memorizing it is very valuable and if you have just a brief know how of each dot point you will get good marks. Im one of the top in my class and i basically Memorize the syllabus as much as i can and then adapt definition around it.... this works best for me :D

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
man. where do you find the time for remembering the syllabus dot point.
i am doing the best i can and still i cant find time to study business.

with most the of business question i just apply common sense, okay, sometime you do have have to get technical of all the management theories.... but most of them just common sense, like " what does this business have to do to improve bblablablabla.

but i dont know,80% of the stuff coming outa my mouth are bullshit so.(i am waiting for that knee jerk reaction... waiting....waiting) so please correct me if i am wrong. Maybe i am just trying to find an excuse to be lazy.....

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
FcUk said:
Trust me the Business Syllabus is probably the easiest syllabus to refer to as memorizing it is very valuable and if you have just a brief know how of each dot point you will get good marks. Im one of the top in my class and i basically Memorize the syllabus as much as i can and then adapt definition around it.... this works best for me :D
spot on. thatz what i did last year, and cuz it was concrete in my head bk then, so now i can still remember the financial, marketing and globalisation dot pts off by heart.. hahaha

Steven12 said:
man. where do you find the time for remembering the syllabus dot point.
i am doing the best i can and still i cant find time to study business.

with most the of business question i just apply common sense, okay, sometime you do have have to get technical of all the management theories.... but most of them just common sense, like " what does this business have to do to improve bblablablabla.

but i dont know,80% of the stuff coming outa my mouth are bullshit so.(i am waiting for that knee jerk reaction... waiting....waiting) so please correct me if i am wrong. Maybe i am just trying to find an excuse to be lazy.....
u right abt how bs is relaly abit of bs... but in order to get really good marks, we are talking abt band 6 (preferably mid bank 6+) u need to know the syllabus well, know ur terms and definitions well, and know the theory extremely well.

you can get a decent mark with bsing, but you can get a better mark if u put srs effort into it. :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)