EE2 Scaling (1 Viewer)

floerr

glitterfairy said:
I don't think the journal is actually marked- it simply serves as evidence that the major work is actually your own work (for example, the evidence of research and drafts prove that you wrote it).

If someone else wrote your work, you wouldn't have a lot of evidence/researcg/drafting to back up your work. I also have a feeling that unless they really need to, they won't read the journal, or they might just flick through it :)

Best wishes!

The markers don't actually have the journal with them when they mark your major work, they can access them by requesting to look at them, or something along them lines. they have to specifically ask to see the journal, usually if they feel iffy about the major work eg i was told once a marker read an amazing major work, but a totally crap reflection statement that didnt make sense, they accessed the journal and found almost no work had been done by the student...

floerr

ujuphleg said:
The journal IS your internal school mark. The journal is the only way the teacher has of certifying the work as your own. Each time you do an assessment task, you will hand the journal in, where all your work should be documented, as well as other times throughout the year.

At external marking though, no, the journal is not marked, usually just checked through that what is in there correlates with the work in general.

my teacher only looked at it a few times when i wanted to show her thnigs...my assessments were never based on my journal, the proposal and report ahd nothnig to do with it and in my viva voces the journal was only to show what i was working on, i was never marked on it.
its mainly used to ensure that you have documentation of the authenticity of your work.

J

jhakka

Thread closed.

Lynn and I want to do some work on this forum, including fresh threads for the Assessments. Stay tuned.

Justin

J

jhakka

Thread reopened. I don't see any reason why this can't be left for discussion. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)