Ee2 Feedback Exchange (1 Viewer)

slinkysezzy

HSC
I was thinking that it would be good to have someone to exchange feedback with, someone who could look over your drafts and let you know when things are good and when things are crap. Not like telling you what to write and how to write it but just someone who could say "maybe you should rework that sentence" or "i'm not really getting this bit"

So i was thinking that if people who wanted something like this could find a "buddy" then they could exchange feedback on eachother's major works and give eachother advice support and stuff. You could also make a new friend!

I was thinking that we could like leave a two or three sentence blurb about ur mjr work so that people knew whether they'd be interested in what you're doing.

So I'll start: I'm writing 3 short stories about the different ways people have interpreted the bible throughout history. if you want to get in touch either pm me.

Let me know what you guys think about the whole "feed back exchange" idea. I thought it might work but you guys might think differently.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
hahaha..
i was orginally going to compose an adaptation of the bible using board of studies requirements etc..
complex idea..
very stupid upon reflection.
Yours sounds good..
jsut be careful...
It's hard for markers to stay objective when Religion is involved.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
oh and..
im doing a satirical exploration into the metafiction genre...

p.s
i'd just be a bit worried about plagarism..
ie. on this site, i've been approached by people to be my 'mentor'..
always quite worrying..

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
slinkysezzy said:
I was thinking that it would be good to have someone to exchange feedback with, someone who could look over your drafts and let you know when things are good and when things are crap. Not like telling you what to write and how to write it but just someone who could say "maybe you should rework that sentence" or "i'm not really getting this bit"

So i was thinking that if people who wanted something like this could find a "buddy" then they could exchange feedback on eachother's major works and give eachother advice support and stuff. You could also make a new friend!

I was thinking that we could like leave a two or three sentence blurb about ur mjr work so that people knew whether they'd be interested in what you're doing.

So I'll start: I'm writing 3 short stories about the different ways people have interpreted the bible throughout history. if you want to get in touch either pm me.

Let me know what you guys think about the whole "feed back exchange" idea. I thought it might work but you guys might think differently.
Wow, you've changed medium?

I left you a giant post in the Critical Response section, in case you missed it. But yeah, i'd be happy to enter into a sort of feedback group thing.

My major work is 2 'parallel universe' short stories, if you get what i mean. Essentially, I will write 2 short stories as a satire of the dystopian novel genre, however I plan to denounce democracy as opposed to totalitarianism in the stories. One short story will be based in a totalitarian world, the other in a democratic world.

PM/MSN me.

slinkysezzy

HSC
nichhhole said:
p.s
always quite worrying..
Yeah I've been approached like that too - just a wee bit dodgy. I really can't think of anyways around that. I'm one of those fools who blunders around thinking the best of people. Can anyone think of a good way of preventing that? I guess you just make sure that ur feed back person actually has written something before you let them see any of yours. And only let them see the whole thing if you know they've actually written their own!

Anyways - if anyones interested just stick up what ur doing on the forum and if you see anyone you'd like to contact just email or pm them.

See you all!

Sara

Dave2007

HSC
Slinky it says your doing your hsc in 2008, how can you be doign ee2?

Anyway I'd be interested in group-feedback-mentoring. I suppose its a bit more secure if everyone knows exactly who is seeing who's working than mr. dodgy ripping off your MW. PM me if you want :)

I'm doing a dystopian radio drama...

slinkysezzy

HSC
Dave: I'm an accelerant - I'm doing the HSC for english + ee1 + ee2 this year and the hsc for all my other subjects next year.

I'll see if i can set up a sort of mailing list type of thing.

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
oh and..
im doing a satirical exploration into the metafiction genre...

p.s
always quite worrying..
oh wow, they approached you? isn't it the other way around, normally? lol

I think this is a GREAT idea. Perhaps to develop some trust between yourselves first, you can exchange email addresses? Maybe start off with an email chain - speak generally about what you're doing, and slowly bring up more specific issues you have when you trust the circle more :)

Remember that showing someone a draft of what you're doing isn't the only way to do things. Even if you talk about what you're trying to do, they can't actually see what you've written, so until you show them a draft technically they can't plaguarise anything. As for ideas themselves... well, one could argue that nothing's original under the sun anymore :)

I'd volunteer to join the feedback thingo but I just don't know whether I have the time :/ Good luck though!

PS: I too would be wary of people approaching you, offering to be your 'mentor'... may be a good idea to do background checks etc, to make sure they're not tutors or students trying to filch your drafts for free.

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
I would be wary too about that, but most people who come on here and post half regularly seem to be fairly trustworthy, so yeah.

If we could get a giant msn group going or something, that would be pretty cool.

slinkysezzy

HSC
I've created a google group for our 'feedback exchange' if you want to join then just send me a pm with you email address in it.

Talk to you soon.

Sara

Last edited:
HSC
slinkysezzy said:
Dave: I'm an accelerant - I'm doing the HSC for english + ee1 + ee2 this year and the hsc for all my other subjects next year.
woah your allowed to do that? :eek:
So does that mean you are doing prelim eng in the same year also? :confused:

Dave2007

HSC
We're not allowed to do anything at all accelarated, it sucks.

Anyway I strongly advise you all to join the google group for ee2 feedback exchange, already theres been some pretty good discussion and stuff going on! join!

mottowa

HSC
Dave2007 said:
We're not allowed to do anything at all accelarated, it sucks.

Anyway I strongly advise you all to join the google group for ee2 feedback exchange, already theres been some pretty good discussion and stuff going on! join!

in cant find ur google group. whats it called????
xxx

phoebe e

HSC
this is my first post, ( :) ) now the little message at the top of my thing telling me how shy i am for not participating wil go away.....
this is a good idea- i'm doing my short story on an exploration of how historical and social context changes the experience of being 'woman,' which is explored through three generations.
you guys have a heap of diverse and extremely ideas!!!!
i hope it all works!
Phoebe :wave:

Nyao

HSC
*strokes beard*

Yeah, I'd be interested in joining, but like. I feel so far behind. ._. I've only got about 1500 words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)