ee2 critical response on shakespeare :wave: (1 Viewer)

zoe2099

HSC
I am doing ee2 this year and am contemplating various ideas for my major work. I was thinking of analysing the major female roles in 1 or 2 of shakespeares plays and her influence over the male character.
Its very vague at this stage and i would sincerly appreciate any comments and critism! Or ideas along the same track?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Hi Zoe.
I'm doing a critical response, and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's still contemplating! Anyway, interesting idea you have. So i think you'd be looking at characters such as Lady Macbeth? What about Desdemona and other females like Lady Capulet/Montague, where the females play a subjugated role ? Maybe you're doing King Lear this yr, something you could tie in with.

topdeck

HSC
Hey guys, good to see there are other people considering critical responses! I'm still trying to find a definite area that i want to do...i was considering doing something to do with Forster, or Woolf...the problem i'm having is that all the critical's i've read, that have also done really well, are all really obscure topics. :confused:

Zoe, i think you're on the right track...sounds like it would make a good response. Perhaps you could look at the role of females in a particular type of shakespearean play, i.e. tragedies, comedies etc.

What are you thinking of doing Simon?

zoe2099

HSC
i agree the critical responses i have read have really far fetched and interesting concepts? I just worry that if i chose something remote ill have no sources to reflect on and become to subjective?

i think forster sounds like a good idea, would you chose one of his pieces? you could critically respond to his analysis of class structure in comparison to say Bernard Shaws Pygmalion or The Great Gatsby?

im researching, contemplating taking a different perspective towards shakespeares roles because an analysis of female characters is v.v popular?

ideas? anyone?

:)

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
In 25 words or less, pretty much a very very rough concept, on the elements of Marxist dialectic in youth empowerment literature, maybe analyse 2 or 3 texts.

topdeck

HSC
I was thinking of doing something like 'representations of class structures in the novels of e.m. forster'....but now that you mention a comparison its got me thinking....i could contrast it with another time period / social background or something...hmm thanks for the feedback. Anyone know if using two texts is considered to be 'too few' texts?

I know what you mean about female characters in shakespeare- i think i remember reading a critical about that from a few years back...but like you say, if you take a bit of a different slant, you're still giving yourself enough sources to work with, but also leaving enough room for personal interpretation. Any idea which texts u want to use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)