EE2 and VA Major Works Whinge Thread (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here.
Don't move it to EE2 or VA thank you very much Mods :)

Hi i'm Lanelle :ninja: and like many of you as i've noticed are in a similar situation to me:

Extension 2 MWs due AND Visual Arts MWs due around the same time!!!
ZOMG! ZOMG! ZOMG! *cry*

Feel free to whinge here....
...so I know i'm not alone with this painful and sickening situation till its all over...

Also if you have any other MW's* feel free to curse them to hell here.

Llama Love :)

*I also had the SOR1 project [17/20] and History Extension Project [32/40] done and done :) great feeling!

crimsonking

HSC
Are you a bit like me and picked ext 2 English because it would be easy (when people say that all you have to do is write a story, it sounds easy).

I'm not going to whinge about running out of time, but I will whinge about other things:

1) I'm sitting with my extension teacher often going through my f_cking story word by f_cking word, as much as I appreaciate it, he is crossing out every second line - I know it's for the best, but...

2) Good news is that he likes the story, bad news is that my 2u teacher didn't seem to pleased '...you got umm...some good bits' (sits back down at her table)

Overall, I'm getting a little worried at the moment - I'm relying on both ext 1 and 2 to be as my 10 units with maths being my 11-12 unit back ups.

As much as I hate asking these types of questions and sending this thread off in another direction if I get an E2 in ext 2, what does that equate to?

And to the poster above, I know how you feel. Trials/assessments/study/HSC/major work.

How many units are you doing BTW? I'll make the assumption that most people who do pick extension subjects are aiming for a good UAi, and it would really be a shame (working so hard for both normal subjects and ext subjects) to not be able to get a UAI because you haven't handed in a Major Work.

Hope you get it finished.

Ms. Bee

HSC
Hey,

My school made it a rule that we had to finish our final copies of the english majoy work by the beginning of this term (any changes from now on should just be minor, unless we're desperate).

I actually found the reflection statement challenging (so much to say, so few words to say it in). Editing should be classified as a new form of torture.

Have any of you been slapped on the wrists for not "exposing" (handing out copies openly to be criticised by your friends, family, teachers, employers etc. ) your work enough?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
crimsonking said:
Are you a bit like me and picked ext 2 English because it would be easy (when people say that all you have to do is write a story, it sounds easy).
Yes. In year 11 I topped creative writing over analysis.
Now it's the opposite way around :|

crimsonking said:
1) I'm sitting with my extension teacher often going through my f_cking story word by f_cking word, as much as I appreaciate it, he is crossing out every second line - I know it's for the best, but...

2) Good news is that he likes the story, bad news is that my 2u teacher didn't seem to pleased '...you got umm...some good bits' (sits back down at her table)

Overall, I'm getting a little worried at the moment - I'm relying on both ext 1 and 2 to be as my 10 units with maths being my 11-12 unit back ups.
As much as I hate asking these types of questions and sending this thread off in another direction if I get an E2 in ext 2, what does that equate to?[/quote]

crimsonking said:
And to the poster above, I know how you feel. Trials/assessments/study/HSC/major work.
I'm exactly the same with my extension teacher, except I paid for a mentor because my teacher is overburdened (the head teacher got paternity leave and put her in charge instead. she does advanced/ext 1 and ext 2 in my year)
There were some good parts in mine but i'm rewriting mine basically. Cuz its too hard to edit edit edit like that. Cut down on this. I'm really verbose when I write these days. BAD :(.

I don't think you should worry too much though. You'll get it done!
If you get an E2 in Ext 2 well it equates to uhm...
45-50 - E4
40-45 - E3
35-40 - E2
I think it's that. But if you're referring UAI wise, it depends how you do in other subjects. I know that EE2 does scale up, so if you do well in the others it shouldn't affect it too much. Saying that, it really depends on the cohort - how they do.

crimsonking said:
How many units are you doing BTW? I'll make the assumption that most people who do pick extension subjects are aiming for a good UAi, and it would really be a shame (working so hard for both normal subjects and ext subjects) to not be able to get a UAI because you haven't handed in a Major Work.
10 units. I do ext hist and ext engs.

crimsonking said:
Hope you get it finished.
I hope you do too :) Best of luck!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Ms. Bee said:
Hey,

My school made it a rule that we had to finish our final copies of the english majoy work by the beginning of this term (any changes from now on should just be minor, unless we're desperate).

I actually found the reflection statement challenging (so much to say, so few words to say it in). Editing should be classified as a new form of torture.

Have any of you been slapped on the wrists for not "exposing" (handing out copies openly to be criticised by your friends, family, teachers, employers etc. ) your work enough?
No I haven't actually been slapped on the wrists, as I have handed a copy to a former teacher of my EE2 to read. More slapped on the wrists for doing it in a very unmethodical way, But thats okay.

Sometimes criticism feels crap though. It's your MW though. Not theirs!
The reflection statement - OH MY GOD.
Thats to do in 2 weekends time :)

Editing is such sweet sorrow

crimsonking

HSC
paid for a mentor

Monetary or (whats the word) 'he will pay for that' type of way'?

it depends how you do in other subjects

As in 2 unit eng and ext eng? or my other 8 units?

it really depends on the cohort

Well our cohort consists of 2 people - much effect?

10 units. I do ext hist and ext engs

If you think about it, it is all in your hands, but you are lucky because the is no Major for history. But if you were doing 10+ units you could just drop ext 2.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Monetary or (whats the word) 'he will pay for that' type of way'?$50. Editing two drafts. 1hr long meeting.

As in 2 unit eng and ext eng? or my other 8 units?Accumulated units.
Still helps to do really well in Adv. English. Not many people can get a band six in that to my knowledge

Well our cohort consists of 2 people - much effect?
Ah I mean HSC cohort. The Extension Two Cohort :)

If you think about it, it is all in your hands, but you are lucky because the is no Major for history. But if you were doing 10+ units you could just drop ext 2.

True. I'm fine with it though. I dropped French and photography. I was stupid to choose photography. I should have chosen Legal studies instead. Though in French with NO study I recieved a 70% ... I'll get some uber feeling of accomplishment when it's ALL OVER GODDAMNIT :)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
timobr0 said:
My MW for History Extension was a bitch !!!!!
So was mine. I did alright in it though :S :| this is coming from someone who only has recently (2 days ago) figured out how to compose a history extension ESSAY

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
wat about those SDD Major Works? oh well, i spose we've got it easy though considering that they arent marked externally or anything... yet they're a major component of the course and a bitch to complete... :/

imagine a class of 18 all trying to get their code to work, and all printing hundreds of pages of tech and user manuals (each) all using the same printer in the period that it was all due.... ahahaha thats exactly how it was when we had to hand it all in :D

tennille

HSC
luscious-llama said:
I don't think you should worry too much though. You'll get it done!
If you get an E2 in Ext 2 well it equates to uhm...
45-50 - E4
40-45 - E3
35-40 - E2
I think it's that.
E1 is 0-24
E2 is 25-34
E3 is 35-44
E4 is 45-50

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
wm_abusef said:
wat about those SDD Major Works? oh well, i spose we've got it easy though considering that they arent marked externally or anything... yet they're a major component of the course and a bitch to complete... :/

imagine a class of 18 all trying to get their code to work, and all printing hundreds of pages of tech and user manuals (each) all using the same printer in the period that it was all due.... ahahaha thats exactly how it was when we had to hand it all in :D
well i didnt have to do a SDD Major Work (our teacher doesnt know much) and History Extension is also internally marked.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:

There's no SDD class at my school :p So i've no idea much of that, but yes, this is mainly bout externally marked works darling. Best of luck with yours

I also hope that printer was a laser :p

Tennille said:
E1 is 0-24
E2 is 25-34
E3 is 35-44
E4 is 45-50
Thanks Tennille :)

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
omg sif bump

i have two major works - VA and SDD

i handed in my SDD major project at the end of last term.. felt so good

i'm basically leaving myself a week to finish my BOW after the trials :S

btw your avatar freaks the shit out of me.

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
I don't know where to put this so I'll put it here.
Don't move it to EE2 or VA thank you very much Mods :)

Hi i'm Lanelle :ninja: and like many of you as i've noticed are in a similar situation to me:

Extension 2 MWs due AND Visual Arts MWs due around the same time!!!
ZOMG! ZOMG! ZOMG! *cry*

Feel free to whinge here....
...so I know i'm not alone with this painful and sickening situation till its all over...

Also if you have any other MW's* feel free to curse them to hell here.

Llama Love :)

*I also had the SOR1 project [17/20] and History Extension Project [32/40] done and done :) great feeling!
I remember this time 2 years ago (Textiles + EE2).

All nighters for the win, baby. Naturally time management is the key, but... as if :p

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
I remember this time 2 years ago (Textiles + EE2).

All nighters for the win, baby. Naturally time management is the key, but... as if :p
I did a few all nighters Lynn :D they are FTW!!
I have alot of time management, like stuydin for advanced trials, I also wrote a practice fit all essay for Extension 1 :D

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Although I don't do VA I can completely sympathise - I have my EE2, EH and SDD major works. I wrote my EH major work entirely the night before (and today found out my mark for what I considered very dodgy work). My SDD is due on the 1st of September and I've put that out of mind until after the 22nd when the EE2 is due. I've only done about 3000 or so words of EE2 so after the trials finish (the 17th) I'm spending every day at home just writing until the 22nd.
This is what happens when you change your concept 3 times. Argh.

And right now I should be studying for my trials which start on monday!

Good luck with the VA's/EE2's etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)