EE1- F**K its hard!!!! (1 Viewer)

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
this subject is poo. or maybe its my teacher. but i tend to have soooo much info, but nothing that explicitly says what i need to kno. it all beats round the bush. And u kno what'd really help the whole crime fiction topic? LIKING CRIME FICTION!!! i cant get thru any books. i read one by marcia muller, and 1 by marele day. but i half read em all n get bored. like with skull beneath the skin.....snore! anyway i have an assignment (not assesment, in class) due tomoz and havent even read pd james, or the two other texts needed to do it! im fucked!

booo hooo, skool is too hard!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cleopatra
this subject is poo. or maybe its my teacher. but i tend to have soooo much info, but nothing that explicitly says what i need to kno. it all beats round the bush. And u kno what'd really help the whole crime fiction topic? LIKING CRIME FICTION!!! i cant get thru any books. i read one by marcia muller, and 1 by marele day. but i half read em all n get bored. like with skull beneath the skin.....snore! anyway i have an assignment (not assesment, in class) due tomoz and havent even read pd james, or the two other texts needed to do it! im fucked!

booo hooo, skool is too hard!

you should have tried doing postmodernism, and getting as your final hsc exam question as " define postmodernism "

i hated that, seriously the people who wrote that exam deserve to be shot, or listen to the entire canterbury tales

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
.. uh, you'd have one whole year to learn what postmodernism is. A question like that would be guaranteed full marks for most people.

olay

HSC
^^ yeah but wouldn't the problem be that the q'n is too damn broad to whip up a "whole" answer collated from a yrs worth of work?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the essays are the same in the end, because the marking criteria is the same

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council
.. uh, you'd have one whole year to learn what postmodernism is. A question like that would be guaranteed full marks for most people.

err....if you used that year to learn about postmodernism then you would know you cannot "DEFINE" it

skittlebrau

Originally posted by AsyLum
err....if you used that year to learn about postmodernism then you would know you cannot "DEFINE" it
Grr! I agree. I handed in an essay in which I stated, "Postmodernism is a complicated term" and my teacher crossed it out, saying it made me look like I had no idea what I was on about!

That's what I hate most about this topic... "there is no truth... there is no truth..."

And then they teach postmodernism as if it is THE ULTIMATE TRUTH.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by skittlebrau
Grr! I agree. I handed in an essay in which I stated, "Postmodernism is a complicated term" and my teacher crossed it out, saying it made me look like I had no idea what I was on about!

That's what I hate most about this topic... "there is no truth... there is no truth..."

And then they teach postmodernism as if it is THE ULTIMATE TRUTH.
thats the beauty and fundamental flaw of pomo you love it and hate it

stazed

HSC
N/A
Post-modernism - that we make our own reality, that it is not fixed or objective. The our perceptions are shaped by what we bring to a text. This is shown in blah........

Spec Fiction: Easy shit but you don't have a kick ass teacher like me. :)

Need to know anything Skillo?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
fuuuck post modernism sucks... but I'm getting into the groove now, sort of... I really enjoyed prelim extension but hsc extension sucks balls :\

sammeh

wish i could have done speculative fiction or post modernism - i would have had a field day in the final exam, wow. both subjects that absolutely cater for my ability to talk at lenght about the abstract without actually making a real point :p

as it is, im doing crime fiction. and yes, i also could not stand skull beneath the skin, and i probably wont have read it by the time the hsc comes around :) but thats ok! years of public schooling and debating have taught me to sound like i know exactly what im talking about when in fact, i do not ;) either way, dont worry if you have lots of info - its probably not all necessarily relevant. check back against the syllabus for 3u eng and also try and grab hold of a marking rubric from somewhere and see what depth of info you need, then winnow down what you have to an acceptable size. good luck :)

and skillo, check out the work of joseph campbell for spec fict. specifically the two texts "the hero with a thousand faces" and "hero journeys" - if you go into the hsc armed with a collection neo-jungian archetypes to describe all your texts with, well you're basically set, at least you'll feel somewhat confident :D

Thomas_wow

the good thing about postmodern is that you could argue that all texts are postmodern these days. because of postmodernism, there isnt really any norm.

just like those people who can convince you the skies green until you go see it... o_O

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
CRIME FICTION?!?!?! - POST MOD?!?!!?! SPEC FICTION?!?!?

WHO WRITES THIS STUFF?!

doesn't matter what ya pick - HSC ext 1 rots!!!!

TRY DOIN BLOODY RETREAT FROM THE GLOBAL - SOUND EASY?!?!?!
I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED EASIER THAN WHAT U GUYS WERE DOIN...

But nooooo.......IT JUST BLOODY GOES ROUND IN CIRCLES

AND ONCE U THINK U'VE DONE IT RIGHT and done AN ALRIGHT ESSAY............THEY GIVE IT BACK AND IT'S A MASS OF CROSSES AND "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?"

"YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION!"

WELL I WOULD IF THEY WEREN'T SO ABSTRACT.....!?!

*has fit of rolling eyeballs and indistinct mumbling*

I heard last yr's HSC question ext 1 was

"ideas have legs and all good composers run with them..."

I FEEL THEIR PAIN...

coz i got it for my prelim exam for ext and almost the whole class "just" passed....it sucked beyond words...

HSC Ext 1 = What a bloody nightmare....

agent_angel

HSC
im doing crime fiction
i actually quite enjoying it (dont kill me u guys) but then again i only hav to no its conventions and stuf bout the contexts that they were written in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)