Educational Access Schemes (1 Viewer)

esybeast

HSC
I am applying for P01A: Personal illness/disability for ADHD on UAC. Is it possible that this will decrease my chances of being accepted into uni?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
No, in no way does a disability or long-term medical condition decrease your chances of receiving an offer for a university degree. Keep in mind that, in most cases, universities assess students' applications based on their academic achievements (mainly through their ATAR and/or selection rank). The purpose of EAS is to support students by increasing their chances of receiving an offer, thanks to the adjustment factors that they may receive (which typically range between 5 and 10, depending on the university). In your case, P01A constitutes a genuine disadvantage that you have experienced during year 11 and/or year 12 and will therefore support your EAS application.

From this point, there will be two possible outcomes:
  • You are deemed eligible to have EAS adjustment factors applied to your selection rank. As I mentioned, the specific number will depend on the university.
  • You are deemed ineligible to have EAS adjustment factors applied to your selection rank. This means that universities would still consider your standard ATAR-based application normally and make a decision based on your ATAR. However, you may be able to have adjustment factors applied to your selection rank in other ways, such as through favourable performance in one (or more) particular subjects in year 12.
I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)