Ecos essays (1 Viewer)

SBHS4EVER

HSC
hey guys!
We have an assessment in 5 days that is about an eco policy incorporating a copla of the 6 issues.
Weve only done monetary and fiscal policy as of yet.
Does anyone in the wide world of economics know what type of essay we could get.
If u havent had ur yearlies yet like us, good luk!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Most likely you'll be asked to explain the role of the government's macroeconomic policy tools in sustaining economic growth while maintaing inflation and unemployment at their objective levels. Perhaps you could be even asked to evaluate the effectiveness of these policies in achieving the governments medium term aims, given the level of economic activity over the last few years. That sort of questions is the broadest you are likely to get

SBHS4EVER

HSC
How the hell did u know that! We got that exact question. The other one was "Discuss the effectiveness of macro policy on external stability"
How u go Newbie?

is a roflcopter
HSC
i did the macro on inflation/employment/growth one
it was alright
I GOT MY ASS KICKED IN MULTIPLE CHOICE
it hurtsss :(

is a roflcopter
HSC
i talked about newington getting money from government for the aircraft noise thing AHAHAHHAAHA

ahhhhh shit :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by SBHS4EVER
How the hell did u know that! We got that exact question. The other one was "Discuss the effectiveness of macro policy on external stability"
How u go Newbie?
Economics essay questions are fairly easy to predict, given the scope of what topic you are being examined on. By the time the HSC comes along, u should know every type of question they are likely to ask!

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
hahah, this is like way overdue, but OMFG i only wrote 4ppgs, and fricking yang wrote 10! WTF! its fully psyching me out man!

Tia

Syd Mem
HSC
N/A
Minai - you used to have essays here - where are they? they're also not on the ordinary files & stuff...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/aust.zip - General on AU in the Global Economy
http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/Global.zip - General on globalisation
http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/macro.zip
http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/micro.zip
http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/casestudy.zip - South Korea
http://users.bigpond.net.au/minai/Exchange.zip - exchange rates

Those are the ones I've bothered to scan..

anyway
the big hint is that there is 2 questions for each section in the HSC. The first question gives two choices within the Globalisation topics, and the second question givies two choices on the Issues/Policy topics...now, 1 choice is usually a very broad, open question, one the other choice is usually much narrower...ie, for one question u'd either have:

- Discuss how globalisation has impacted upon the Australian economy, and assess the recent performance of the economy
OR
- Discuss the reasons behind protectionism in Australia and anaylse the effects of protectonism upon the economy

what im saying is that u could get a super-broad question that encompasses a whole topic, and u can get a narrow question that deals with one issue/chapter

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
how the hell do you manage to write so much
and was it all relevant?

is a roflcopter
HSC
48 pages!
holy crap

thats like a uni thesis :D

i love you minai thankyou for the essays

AmericanGirl213

Minai... I just got this assignment (yeah...STILL getting assignments. My trial isnt for another 3 weeks.). Its one of those in-class essays. The question is: 'Outline the policy measures taken by the federal government to help achieve their economic objective in light of the domestic and global economic conditions of recent years".
question 1- Is this baisically the exact same question that was on the trial this year?!?!?! (My teacher is SO cool if it is!haha)
question 2- Would I need to use stats and stuff like that for it?

Im cramming hard guys!!!!! today's Friday (well, Saturday 2:20am) and my Econ. exam thing is on Monday. Everything for EVERY subject has been crammed into the past 3 weeks and the next 2 weeks. My school is evil!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe your first question is one of the most broad ive ever seen. It's much broader than the catholic trial question, and u can talk about both macro and micro policies and how the affect economic growth, inflation and unemployment...as well as the supply-side problems.

Stats, yes u should throw in some stats, because the question says "recent years" so u'd might like to contrast inflation/unemployment/growth rates from before to the current figures...but u dont need to go over the edge with it

Good luck, if u kno ur stuff, it should b easy!

AmericanGirl213

Minai your the best. I've got my focus now and Im doing really well with constructing my report. Thank you so much!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hehe...well I'm glad I've saved all of u hours and hours of reading and constructing essays from different textbooks :p

TastesGoodBut

yeh - ur essays that u had were the basis for my response in the trials!

thanks- so many ppl at our school didnt realise that globalisation had an effect on the BoP - and if i hadnt read ur things i would have been GONE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)