Ecop1001 (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
I've got some spare credit points to throw around so I wanted to pick a fun/easy subject to learn something I'm interested in and boost the WAM.

ECOP1001 has been marketed to me as the easiest subject in Eco&Bus, and I want to get your opinions on this.

What are the assessments/assignments like? How is the lecturer and lecture notes/material? Would be doubly awesome if someone could attach or email me the UOS outline!

adambra

HSC
Yeah I chose this over Government because I was really impressed with Frank Stilwell in his lecture on open day and I've heard nothing but good things about him and this course. Even the girl from the Eco and Bus student office congratulated me for joining this unit. Anyone who's done this and the junior gov units, do you consider this the better unit of study?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ECOP 1001 is a really good subject. I didn't continue studying political economy but Frank as a lecturer was brilliant (just ask Stas :rolleyes: ). If you're doing this as a fill-in unit, it's really good because it's pretty easy. The lectures are comprehensive and easy to take notes on. Anything u miss is in the textbook.

The subject matter is pretty easy and the assessments are straightforward too. The mini essay is not hard to blitz because it's just a practice in critical reading.

The major essay is chosen from a few topics.

There are no lecture notes but there is a guide posted at the beginning of the semester outlining what each lecture is gonna be on. It's quite comprehensive and not like the rough guidelines given in other subjects.

The final exam is also pretty simple. Just 90 mins. Answer a few short answers from a choice of 10 or so. Then a short essay. If you went to the lectures and have a good idea of what's going on, coupled with some decent writing skills, it's not hard to blitz the exam.

overall, a good intro subject with an excellent lecturer. I, myself only did the subject after hearing how good Frank is and he doesn't disappoint.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
If you miss out on a D/HD by 2 marks, Frank is often willing to bump you up (the ass with his peepee :eek:)
I'll be attending some lectures for fun again this sem. He is awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)