Economics vs Chemistry (1 Viewer)

dxrkp_1

HSC
Hello, I'm in y11 at a selective high school. Currently, I am doing 3U maths (hoping to do 4U), advanced english, physics, chemistry, economics, and SLR. If I get 4U maths and lose 1 unit from SLR, i will end up with 12 units. I want to drop between chemistry and economics so that i can focus on 10 main units, but am unsure to choose what to drop as I equally dislike both. My friends have been telling me to drop economics and do chemistry as economics HSC includes multiple essays and extended response, whereas chemistry is questions. However, i am still unsure as chemistry is not a good subject for me as I am not very good at it. Any suggestions?

carrotsss

HSC
Year 12 chem is much better than year 11 chem if that helps ur decision

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hello, I'm in y11 at a selective high school. Currently, I am doing 3U maths (hoping to do 4U), advanced english, physics, chemistry, economics, and SLR. If I get 4U maths and lose 1 unit from SLR, i will end up with 12 units. I want to drop between chemistry and economics so that i can focus on 10 main units, but am unsure to choose what to drop as I equally dislike both. My friends have been telling me to drop economics and do chemistry as economics HSC includes multiple essays and extended response, whereas chemistry is questions. However, i am still unsure as chemistry is not a good subject for me as I am not very good at it. Any suggestions?
just saying, you drop SLR regardless because it's a year 11 only subject

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
things to consider:
a) eco is apparently hard af - i have no personal experience - but you need to memorise a shit ton of stats and content
b) chem is hard but it actually isn't too bad if you keep up and pay attention (year 12 chem >>> year 11 chem) - it's more understanding and comprehension over pure content retension

if you dislike both equally, it comes down to your preference: essay writing vs calculating and understanding. it sounds like based on your 4u math (not biased at all but take it - it's actually so worth it and super interesting) and physics you'd prefer doing chem? honestly all up to you, and nothing wrong with dropping both, you'll just have to work harder on the other subjects to stay on top of everything, since everything will count.

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
With eco, you need to give it time I suppose (like every other subject). I mean I didn't pay attention in the first term and got absolutely run over by the content and did horrible in my first assessment it's year 11 so it doesn't matter but I wasn't happy. But after spending 8 days on Eco I learnt all the prelim content by myself as my teacher isn't too amazing and had an academic comeback of sorts in the second assessment. But similar to you I don't like chem too much and I'm considering dropping it over ancient. But some good advice I got was that I should keep both subjects for the first term of year 12 and see how I perform, if I still can't cope then I should drop it otherwise leave it as it is.

Tribunal

HSC
With eco, you need to give it time I suppose (like every other subject). I mean I didn't pay attention in the first term and got absolutely run over by the content and did horrible in my first assessment it's year 11 so it doesn't matter but I wasn't happy. But after spending 8 days on Eco I learnt all the prelim content by myself as my teacher isn't too amazing and had an academic comeback of sorts in the second assessment. But similar to you I don't like chem too much and I'm considering dropping it over ancient. But some good advice I got was that I should keep both subjects for the first term of year 12 and see how I perform, if I still can't cope then I should drop it otherwise leave it as it is.
what did you get for your first eco test????

SMARTYPANTS_SINGH

NESA WHY?
HSC
oh very bad, so bad that half the people will tell me to drop eco. But then I was like wtf am I doing, had an 'academic comeback' and ended up getting 34/35 for my essay last term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)