• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Economics versus Political Economy (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm doing ECOP1001 this semester (lol)...

Is the text book necessary? The Frank Stilwell one
Hmmm...I had two textbooks by Frank when I did ECOP.

The textbook (dark blue) one is really a slightly more detailed summary of the lectures - so it probably isn't 100% necessary, but it's still quite useful.

The collection of readings book (light blue)...to be honest I didn't find that one particularly helpful, but there were compulsory tutorial readings that came from there.

ledzeppelin

HSC
Frank's lectures are pretty much drawn straight from the textbook (like, same examples and everything). You don't get his occasional moments of hilarity though
I can probably sell you a copy of both books jb_nc

spence

HSC
- What are the junior courses for International Business in Economics major (as part of Economics and Business Department)?
Students intending to complete an International Business major must complete at least six junior units of study (36 credit points) including at least two junior units (12 credit points) selected from those offered by the Faculty of Economics and Business as prerequisites for the major.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Frank's lectures are pretty much drawn straight from the textbook (like, same examples and everything). You don't get his occasional moments of hilarity though
I can probably sell you a copy of both books jb_nc
I sent you a PM about buying the books... Is your inbox full or something?

HSC
Yes! ECOP1001 is almost universally loved.

In first semester, you should expect a basic introduction to the history of economic theory - namely, Classical Political Economy (Smith, Ricardo), Marxism, Neoclassicism, Keynsianism and Institutional Economics. If's quite different from HSC economics - with much more of a focus on writing essays, and much less certainty about the scienfitificity of economic theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)