Economics the saga filling out this dam proposed program plan continues (1 Viewer)

Kingportable

HSC
Ok so i get that i need to 39 200 level units and 18 100 level units in an order where the perquisite line up.
*i need to get a minimum of 6 credits per semester
*I need to do a people and planet unit, one of the units will need to be in a faculty not of my own (e.g. science) and one will need to be in a department not of my own (e.g. Applied finance)
Thats all good i get that not all good.

But i just want to know how the electives work! Are electives required? Where is the elective list? And what does "minimum number of credit points designed to be commerce 42" means?

Any graduates with a suggested unit form build?

will90211

HSC
^no like the title of the degree so like a Bachelor of Arts

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Economics lol from the title haha

Yes... I did look that up in the handbook initially but was just wondering because the requirements that you have posted do not match the requirements of a B.Economics at MQ.

Requirements for B. Economics (relevant to what you posted) are:

9cp (3 units) at 100 lvl

39cp (13 units) at 200 lvl or above

And i don't get where you are getting the 6 cp per semester from? To be considered a full time student you must have load of 9cp per semester, but you can take as many (within reason) or as little as you want.

Anyway, regarding your other questions:

1. If it IS a B. Economics, you are required to complete 36cp worth of electives (12 units). Electives can be whatever you want, literally. You just have to make sure you meet the pre-requisites. So you can study your discipline in greater depth than what your degree requires, or you could study a language, or you could study african drumming, or whatever you like. Here's a list of every unit offered at MQ: http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/2013/Units/UGByCode

2. Minimum number of credit points designated as commerce 42
This means that out of all the credit that you accumulate in your degree, 42cp (14 units) must be from designated commerce units. ie. you must take at least 14 units designated as commerce.

All of your core units are designated commerce units. This brings you to 11 units. So you must do another 3 on top of that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)