economics student wanting a guide on international exchange (1 Viewer)

aceofspades1

HSC
hey guys, i'm looking at doing student exchange in america as soon as i'm eligible to apply (which is after 1st semester). i was wondering if anyone knows which unis in america are the most competitive and i'm also wondering what extra requirements are needed apart from the credit average.

for the record, i'm looking at uni of texas.

help, advice and comments greatly appreciated in advance :)

runnable

HSC
From my post on a similar thread, OP was asking for Finance. The case still stands IMO.

Without a doubt, Wharton School of the University of Pennslyvania is the best, especially for finance. Probably the best in the world too. I was told people accepted into this have WAMs rarely under 85.

Second would be Stern of New York University. I was told WAM of around 78.

Others are Georgetown, Texas etc... Not sure about the WAMs on these ones.
One thing to note is that Economics is an ARTS course, not business in the states with exception of NYU's Stern. UPenn's eco course is also good, Ivy League and all. Most competitive one (and highest ranked in all UNSW's exchange partners) should be UPenn, along with its renowned school of business.

runnable

HSC
Try UC Berkeley as well.
UCB is a very good choice but the process of applying to any UC is unreliable at best. You apply to the UC system and submit your preference of UC campus and be distributed at their discretion.

aceofspades1

HSC
wow the UC process seems real dodgy

runnable, what did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

arjungamer123

HSC
UCB is a very good choice but the process of applying to any UC is unreliable at best. You apply to the UC system and submit your preference of UC campus and be distributed at their discretion.
That is true. But none of the UC campuses are bad. it's just that UCLA and UCB are exceptional. Plus, you more often than not get what your first choice is, if you're marks are pretty good.

That said, UC Santa Barbara is a giant party school. Getting into their would be both financially and academically awesome.

aceofspades1

HSC
That is true. But none of the UC campuses are bad. it's just that UCLA and UCB are exceptional. Plus, you more often than not get what your first choice is, if you're marks are pretty good.

That said, UC Santa Barbara is a giant party school. Getting into their would be both financially and academically awesome.

that's good getting your first choice more often than not, i feel somewhat better about my prospects.

UC Santa Barbara seems like an enticing prospect haha!

runnable

HSC
wow the UC process seems real dodgy

runnable, what did you do, if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah that's why I didn't put UC at all on my preferences.

I applied last sem to go Sem 2 this year and got into my first preference for Wharton.

My preferences were pretty much in order of the ones I listed in my earlier post.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
Well UC Berkley, UCLA and UC San Diego are all very good for econ (in that order though)

also University of Michigan is very gud

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)