Economics or chemistry (1 Viewer)

Mathew587

HSC
Hey guys,
We're up to cad and cafa and all that in economics and it's annoying with all the analysis and links. Consequently I'm considering dropping later into the term and instead keeping chemistry.
What are your guys opinions?
P.s. I'm considering dropping economics rather than chemistry not because it's more difficult but more because it requires much more analysis and stats and linkages between different topics then what chemistry requires. I e. Free trade from topic one with cad and cafa from topic two

donkily

HSC
N/A
Drop Eco (assuming you're better at chem)

It's crucial to do subjects you are good at and what u enjoy

If you do struggle with certain concepts you can see Khan academy and what not

Mathew587

HSC
I'm great at both; first in eco and up there in Chem. However, do you know if economics gets harder because cad and cafa and stuff is meant to be the hardest topic.
Ty

donkily

HSC
N/A
I'm great at both; first in eco and up there in Chem. However, do you know if economics gets harder because cad and cafa and stuff is meant to be the hardest topic.
Ty
Nah dunno

It's crucial (like I said in that study guide) that you should focus on your weaknesses

Conceptual weaknesses should be "targetted" via super detailed paragraphs as well as watching youtube videos

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
I found that topic the most difficult. But one great thing about economics that some other subjects lack is that it comes together extremely well (assuming you study everything etc.) and a provides a great framework for basic economic analysis post HSC. For example I used some of the stuff I learnt to do some trading on the ASX or you can look at a media article and completely disprove their argument and laugh as you mutter beneath your breath that economic performance is cyclical etc.

On the other hand, I didn't do chemistry. So I can't really judge it properly. But If it's anything like physics where you just learn portions of real science dumbed down for HSC, I would strongly recommend economics.

Mathew587

HSC
I found that topic the most difficult. But one great thing about economics that some other subjects lack is that it comes together extremely well (assuming you study everything etc.) and a provides a great framework for basic economic analysis post HSC. For example I used some of the stuff I learnt to do some trading on the ASX or you can look at a media article and completely disprove their argument and laugh as you mutter beneath your breath that economic performance is cyclical etc.

On the other hand, I didn't do chemistry. So I can't really judge it properly. But If it's anything like physics where you just learn portions of real science dumbed down for HSC, I would strongly recommend economics.
Ty for that Ben. I might as well get through this term and a bit of the next before deciding [emoji4]

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Ag, best of luck. Feel free to ask me any eco q's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)