economics majors (strategy) (1 Viewer)

blackbetty69

HSC
I'm trying to do a double major in Business Strategy and Economic Management with Finance whilst doing Beconomics.

This economics page on the UNSW handbook does not list Business Strategy as one of the majors you can do but only lists Economics, Econometrics, Economic History and Financial Economics.

But when you click on the economics major it says you can (from what I can see as sort of a subset of economics) do any of:

Students may choose from the following economics majors:
• Business Economics
• Business Statistics
• Business Strategy and Economic Management
• Econometrics
• Economics
• Financial Economics

As you can see I'm a little confused? Can I do the majors I want without transferring to commerce? I'm not really interested in the whole "status" debate of commerce but more in just doing the Majors i want.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I'm pretty, pretty sure that the first 3 on your list aren't available to you as majors because you're doing an eco degree instead of a com degree.

Basically, with an eco degree, you're confined to doing one of the following

- Financial economics
- Econometrics
- Economics (just straight, plain economics)
- Economic history

And an accompanying major such as finance or accounting.

For the record, I'm a com/eco student doing business eco in my com degree and financial eco in my eco degree.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
tallkid is right. you can only do the above majors and also economics and econometrics as a major.

however, you alternatively do a major in economics and do a lot of the strategy subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)