Economics Major Elective Recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

yellow103

HSC
N/A
Sorry if a topic like this has been posted before or what not.
But due to the lack of popularity of economics majors, i really have no idea on what are the optimal electives to choose for this certain subject
Thus any suggestion on what are the most interesting, easy, efficient electives for this major are.
Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated <3

kaaleng

in a world of her own
HSC
It depends on the specific major - Business Economics or Financial Economics, as they have different plan structures.

For Business Economics (what I'm doing): it isn't so much a case of which are the most easy/efficient/interesting, but moreso deciding which will meet the prerequisites for the 2+ List B courses you'll need to choose. My advice would be to look through the List B courses, decide which are the most interesting to you and then work backwards to ensure you meet all the prerequisites.

Here are some level 2 courses (from List A) that I've done and found easy/interesting:
- ECON2102 Macroeconomics 2: although not compulsory or as popular as Micro 2, I found it worthwhile and an easy WAM booster :)
- ECON2111 Globalisation: micro and macro theory on trade and financial crises, straight from the prescribed textbook.
- ECON2104 Applied Macroeconomics: a research-y subject consisting of 2 essays and a final (made of up of short-answer questions). Tonnes of great topics and you're given the choice of topics to research
- ECON1301 Australia in the Global Economy: easy level-1 research-y course. 2 essays and a final; the questions asked in the final are the same as the essay topics, word-for-word

NB: My list B courses are ECON3104 International Macroeconomics and ECON3116 International Trade Theory and Policy, so the only prereqs I really need are Micro 2 and Macro 2.

Last edited:

Fermat

HSC
N/A
Game theory wasn't taught well but it's very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)