Economics in yr 12 (1 Viewer)

tarini

HSC
Hi, I am in yr 11 and wanted to know about how economics is next term and also we use the tim dixon/o'reilly textbook so do I need any additional resources- also should I subscribe to any newspapers.... how is the syllabus and I would just like to have some advice on writing essays using stimulus material.... Thanks a lot

Saintly Devil

Updated Economics by Bulmer is also a pretty good series of books - they go into depth where the others don't. good as supplementary reading.

coroneos

really? I hear that Bulmer is way too complex and is does not stick very closely to the Economics syllabus.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
yeh trueits in a lot of details but the info is very good. It does stick to the syllabus but has other stuff in teh textbook that isnt testable.. However if you have a very deep knowledge of economics you get more higher marks.!!

as for newspaper.. jzu used the classroom in smh..

tarini

HSC
Thanks for replying- um is the Excel guide any good? Also those sample answer booklets from Leading Edge- are they worthwhile?

coroneos

Originally posted by tarini
Thanks for replying- um is the Excel guide any good? Also those sample answer booklets from Leading Edge- are they worthwhile?
RIPOFFS!!!

I have a personal grudge against that Dixon guy.

AGB

HSC
yeah i was quite disappointed with the model answer books...they are really short answers to the essays and arent all that good....

the best study guide (in my opinion) is NOT the excel one, but the getsmart one. it is checkered black and white on the front cover

timmii

sporadic attendee
some fun reading material :p :
The Economist (brilliant!!! especially for globalisation...)
Australian Financial Review
SMH - Ross Gittins.

Also watch Alan Kohler give the wrap up of business/economics news on ABC 7pm news, he's very good at explaining things simply in a manner that is relevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)