economics Extension (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
for economics extension, do you have to be doing it in yr 11 or can u pick it up in yr 12 like ancient history extension??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
errr i think 3u eco was phased out for the new HSC....or am i missing something?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Economics Extension was a course in the old HSC, however when the syllabus was altered the course was discontinued and is taught no longer.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
_muse_ said:
eco extension = teh old. :)
that sucks! hehe thanks though :)
u guys think it'll b reintroduced.... i know thats a hard question to answer but yeh... u reckon it could be?

monique66

no not really, most things stay 2u...pity eco history would have been interesting...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
that sucks! hehe thanks though :)
u guys think it'll b reintroduced.... i know thats a hard question to answer but yeh... u reckon it could be?
i highly doubt it will be reintroduced.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
You guys are right, economics in terms of the 3u syllabus has been integrated in the 2u course. It doesn't run at any schools anymore, as economics 2u barely runs, speaking primarily from western public schools experience. It's a highly sophisticated subject which extends considerably higher from of learning styles than business studies or legal studies. Considered by many as the "hardest" social science, but then that doesn't mean it's generally more difficult, but moreso more work (especially @ high school level)

monique66

hehe..there are only 12 ppl in my eco class (girls school), guys schools generally have more classes and co-ed in between

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yeh i realli think they should reintroduce it... cuz in my skool the yr 12's their's these two guys that should b doing 3 unit eco if there was one!!! their reall good, all rounders aswell which is very good....
and jus to let u all know, watch out for em in the future... could b one day watching them or reading up on them... well hopefully anyway!!!

economics is a good subject... but i cant bloody wait to get ovr the basic things!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
damnation said:
hehe..there are only 12 ppl in my eco class (girls school), guys schools generally have more classes and co-ed in between
theres only 5 in my class :)

Airazer

HSC
you could do accelerated economics like all the smarter people.

monique66

know, accelarated eco means you do the hsc course in yr11. Same course only the year before so they would do the HSC with the current yr 12. Are you in yr11? If so then you can't do it now, its too late to start (i think) you would just have to do it with your yr12...

phatchance

HSC
Whoah

We have around 50 eco HSC students at my school.. and we only have 150 students in total; mind you, it is a selective so maybe it's slightly different? I'm also one of maybe 5 skips in the entire year who do economics haha, and I don't do maths or any science so it makes my time table interesting.

Mandy101

HSC
We have four full classes of Economics at my school, which is why I was so surprised to read that only 5000-6000 students do it in the state each year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)