Economics Exam (1 Viewer)

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
jenjen_pussykat said:
i think the CPI was 100, 102, 103 each year. if you do the inflation formula, inflation actually decreases (from 1% to 0.98% or something i forgot). it wasn't stagflation it was just the simple inverse relationship as shown on the philips curve.
yep, thats what i wrote abt too.. the stats for that eco show how inf and unempt share an inverse rel'ship

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Be realistic .....if you think your get 95+ prepare for a high 80's. Short Answer questions are marker killers.....Maybe its ur school that gave u false hope but the HSC is more cruel.

Soulja

HSC
isitjax said:
am i crazy or was the ingfation/u/e/partiocipation rate thing stagf;ltion???
im getting kinda freaked out.. bec there was rising inflation at the saem tim eof riisng u/e?? yeah...?

yeh it was like mild stagflation coz it was such low CPI only 100, 102, 103 if i can remember over the 3 years. that means between yr 1 and yr 2 there was stagflation but the raite of inflation fell between yr 2 and yr 3.

Soulja

HSC
overall

overall, i think it could have been alot harder. the essays were very straight forward and i reckon they will mark them very hard becoz so many people would of gone so well. how can u judge what u think ur gonna get, how do ppl know how ss and essays will be marked like. all u can be sure on is what u got in mc,
i got 18. the rest is subjective.

Oz

HSC
Soulja said:
yeh it was like mild stagflation coz it was such low CPI only 100, 102, 103 if i can remember over the 3 years. that means between yr 1 and yr 2 there was stagflation but the raite of inflation fell between yr 2 and yr 3.
staglation is high inflation without the corresponding high levels of economic growth. i did its the inverse of the phillips curve as well, fingers crossed

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
Oz said:
staglation is high inflation without the corresponding high levels of economic growth. i did its the inverse of the phillips curve as well, fingers crossed
but wasnt inflation falling and unempt rising?? i worked out the infn rate for each year, and im pretty sure it fell..
or the other case may be that i just stuffed it up..

S

Shuter

Oz said:
Stagflation is directly related to employment rates vs inflation rates. It is not directly defined by economic growth.

Rorix

HSC
Teleph said:
Be realistic .....if you think your get 95+ prepare for a high 80's. Short Answer questions are marker killers.....Maybe its ur school that gave u false hope but the HSC is more cruel.

yup thats the truth right there

S

Shuter

Rorix said:
yup thats the truth right there
Should I post my answers I got for the 2003 paper and you have a look at them and estimate? You're undermining my confidence a bit, but I swear I did well and knew what I was doing in that test.

aka Lemon

damn

shrt! i literally wrote jackshrt for the extended responses (5/6 pages). HowTF do u write 20 pages? Must have DANG MASSIVE writing i reckon.

_esor_

HSC
ay_caramba said:
but wasnt inflation falling and unempt rising?? i worked out the infn rate for each year, and im pretty sure it fell..
or the other case may be that i just stuffed it up..
yeh i calculated too and although the CPI was rising, the actual rate of inflation was falling over the three year period....i think

username

HSC
If you wrote stagflation and showed the relationship despite the falling inflation rate, would you still get marks?? Obviously i backed up despite being wrong, but i showed a relationship regardless.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Shuter said:
Should I post my answers I got for the 2003 paper and you have a look at them and estimate? You're undermining my confidence a bit, but I swear I did well and knew what I was doing in that test.
I dont think anyone is "undermining your confidence", we can see that you confident. very confident actually. I think people might be undermining your ability to get such a high mark... I dont think you confidence is going anywhere fast.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)