• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Economics essay help on Labour Markets (1 Viewer)

raging_squid

HSC
Heres my question

What is the workforce? Identify some groups in the workforce that are more likely to experience higher levels of income than other groups. Discuss the reasons for the differences in levels of income between these groups. Explain trends in the distribution of income in recent years. In your answer, provide economic data to support your statements.

I need some help with the guidence and structure of the essay and the main points and what definitions i should talk about. Any information, economic data, graphs or websites would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time and help

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
For stats, as always, the leadingedge site is a good place to start but you'll need more than that. Find out exactly what stats will fit into the essay, then dig around the ABS site.

This labour question also alludes to the topic of "Distribution of income and wealth" so using your own interpretattion of generic graphs like the Lorenz curve will also be good, in addition to the stat graphs.

For trends, you have to find out about different industries and perhaps mention structural change as well. Try to expand upon the point listed in the textbook. :)

raging_squid

HSC
Yeh thanks the ABS is a great site for all my stats and graphs. We havent done the lorenz curve yet tho. I used my textbook to get all the info what is a workforce and all the small aspects of the workforce.
Then i found a handout my teacher gave us on all the groups in the workforce gender, occupation age, cultural background and Income groups is this all the groups tho?

Also in the question it asks to identify some groups in the workforce that are more likely to experience higher levels of income than other groups and discuss the reasons for the differences in levels of income in recent years.

Does this mean compare that i have to compare the different income groups e.g. age with gender. Or does it mean compare with in the income groups e.g. gender males to females. How would i go about comparing these groups to, i have no idea how to.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)