Economics at UNSW or USYD? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
ND said:
You do realise that the people with the most power in the world are economists?
actually, it is political scientists

like Henry Kissinger

economists are subservient

stazi

Nightman
HSC
actually its marketers. because we know how to manipulate the social economy in order to sell stuff. without us there would be no economy. and no gay sex.

gman03

HSC
Why not MACQ? They are good when it comes to talking in $$$$.

Did you exclude MACQ just because it is closer to my home and not closer to, sya, chinatown? :p

sarevok

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Edit: on the whole atta is not that bad. His teaching style and expression could improve but I like the way he teaches us to understand economics intuitively.
interesting you say that, because i think atta's focus on intuition is probably his worst characteristic. he ameks questions intuitive and then applies arbritary answers which may not reflect the student's own thinking e.g. see his answer to question b) in tutorial 6, expected future real estate prices rise so demand for bonds decreases? but also isnt it possible that ppl will demand less houses due to increased prices, so demand for loanable funds and supply of bonds decreases + int rates fall? also our answers to group assignment didnt reflect atta's answers at all but we still got marks. it's not bad when he puts these sorts of questions in short answer so students can explain reasoning but when he puts them in multiple choice it's pretty fucked up

and yea i wasnt completely serious when i sadi that, but when people like atta and de roos get teaching posts, it does indiciate to me that the usyd's economics department isnt that great in terms of teaching anwyay

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
at the end of the day, both UNSW and USYD are good universities and even within the university you will have good and not so good lecturers. if you try hard and do well then there is no reason that one university will offer better opportunities than the other. i chose usyd on the basis that unsw has too many stairs and i will be late for lectures if i have to get a train AND a bus. yes i am lazy, but at least i have a real reason.

minnx

HSC
stazi said:
no, its women. without them we'd have to fuck each other up the ass.
haha wat if i'm a woman and i am an economist? would that allow me to be in a position to control the world??
muahhaha good that's exactly wat my ambition is!! kekeke

anyway, is usyd better than unsw? i'm looking at usyd BEc.... UNSW has too many asians... albeit i'm an asian myself... just need a new environment!! =P

wat are the internship prospects in both unis? and which uni is more competitive in economics?

sarevok

HSC
whoa, that wanker de roos has two masters from yale and a phd from yale

minnx

HSC
thanks Left-ism!!

i guess it's usyd then!! really like the atmosphere there... more Australian... in other word, i'm running away frow UNSW as i can see many asian in my homeland! what's the point of going to australia and be surround by the same atmosphere back home?!?

woo hoo here i come usyd... okay now i gotta get the UAI!! haha

stazi

Nightman
HSC
minnx said:
thanks Left-ism!!

i guess it's usyd then!! really like the atmosphere there... more Australian... in other word, i'm running away frow UNSW as i can see many asian in my homeland! what's the point of going to australia and be surround by the same atmosphere back home?!?

woo hoo here i come usyd... okay now i gotta get the UAI!! haha
but if you come there, then it'd be more Asian. Thus screwing up our uni. That's right, I blame you!

phrred

HSC
u cant escape asians in uni business faculties in syd/melb

sarevok

HSC
Macq is good for actuarial and has a decent commerce faculty. But you are better off going to Syd or uNSW if you get the marks they have a better eco faculty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)