Economics and Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Shenanigan

HSC
Hi

How much of Prelim Eco is in HSC Eco and how much Prelim Legal Studies is in HSC Legal Studies? Just wanted to know so I can decide on what to drop!!

Tyvm!! I hope everyone succeeds in their yearlies and their HSC to come!

Renko

HSC
The sections from the markets and labour market topics appears frequently across the hsc content. The last topic is expanded later on so you need to know that, things like the budget and role of the govt. On top of that you have to know your basic concepts (supply & demand, interest rates, opportunity cost, price elasticity, etc.) but the rest of the content is sort of forgotten.

I can tell you that towards the end up to the trials, there is a lot of content for eco so dropping it would be a wise choice if you don't like it or haven't got the hang of it.

Shenanigan

HSC
I'm doing ok in legal studies but doing bad in economics.. I seem to have more interest in economics though.. Which subject do you guys think can have a 'fresh start' if you know what I mean.

Renko

HSC
I'm sure you can start fresh on all of them and patch up a few prelim stuff if necessary along the way. You can't really start fresh for languages and maths though.

What's holding you down in eco? Multichoice, short answers, essays, understanding the content, etc?

Shenanigan

HSC
I'm sure you can start fresh on all of them and patch up a few prelim stuff if necessary along the way. You can't really start fresh for languages and maths though.

What's holding you down in eco? Multichoice, short answers, essays, understanding the content, etc?
I understand the concept decently but I fail on the short answers and essays as you need to include graphs which I find it hard to interpret.

Renko

HSC
Drawing graphs isn't necessary in an eco essay, but you still need to know it as it pops up often in short answers and multiple choice. Has your teacher been able to clearly explain how those graphs work?

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Drawing graphs isn't necessary in an eco essay, but you still need to know it as it pops up often in short answers and multiple choice. Has your teacher been able to clearly explain how those graphs work?[/Q]
Nononono don't do this OP. Teacher does senior marking and he has absolutely drummed the following into our heads.
All Band 6 Essays contain:
1. An intro which clearly defines all terms of the question.
2. Well drawn and explained economic diagrams.
3. Integration of up to date statistics.
4. Use of key economic terms (THERES a better word for this but I'm still half asleep)

While I'm sure you CAN GET a band 6 without one of these, you're doing yourself a major disservice if you neglect them. I actually find the graphs the most helpful part of the essay, as they explain some of the more complicated processes very easily! So please OP+commentor, take time to learn the graphs and integrate them into your response!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)