Economic essays... (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Without Wings said:
wot about a question on trade blocs and free trade agreements etc- like how this would affect australia? i've been told that thats also a possibility due to the free trade agreement at the time that they were writing the exams
That wouldn't be a very good question. You'd mention it though in a Globalisation and its effect on Australia essay.

miffytoki

HSC
i'm predicting external stability or microeconomic reform on economic growth....for globalisation i think effect of globalisation and free trade on australian economy or any other economy ... movements in exchange rates...or maybe changes in the global economy and its effects on external stability?

Saieshan

HSC
someone said environment degredation...it's never gonna be as specific as that....that's jus stupid. and it's highly unlikely that it'd be on any case study seeing as it was last years. IT's also unlikely to be issues of unemployment and inflations. I reckon labour market policies can also be ignored. THese are my prediction:
effects of exchange rates
income distribution involving this year's budget
fiscal policy
monetary policy
external stablility
if u look at 2002 paper none of section 3 was from globalisation

aditya

HSC
i think there will be a question asking about macro and micro - as in, in the same question.... that would be alright anyway - but yeh i think its an iportant issue

however, in april, there was alot of stuff going on in ters of globalisation - like india and china were still booming then, inflation was low everything was perfect... so maybe a general question on economic growth...

miffytoki

HSC
Saieshan said:
someone said environment degredation...it's never gonna be as specific as that....that's jus stupid. and it's highly unlikely that it'd be on any case study seeing as it was last years. IT's also unlikely to be issues of unemployment and inflations. I reckon labour market policies can also be ignored. THese are my prediction:
effects of exchange rates
income distribution involving this year's budget
fiscal policy
monetary policy
external stablility
if u look at 2002 paper none of section 3 was from globalisation
i agree...i don't think theres enuff to talk about in environment to have a whole essay on it....it'll have to be inclusive of economic growth...or maybe the question will be based on economic objectives and how they conflict with other stuff.....

bluechilli

well there seems to already have been a question on policies for external stability in HSC, just that it was in 2001.

rara

i-color said:
By the way all HSCers, my predictions for this year's eco essay is that there is going to be at least one policy question on external stability. I guessed last year there'd be unemployment or inflation, and both came up! So I wrote essays for both those topics beforehand and handed it to my teacher...I didn't memorise them, but I had a pretyt clear idea of what i was going to be writing so that's just a suggestion for you guys. External stability hasn't come up yet so that's my prediction for this year.....and I get the feeling that free trade and protection may come up somewhere in the globlisation section because of the US FTA and apparently we had a Thailand FTA last year right before my HSC....haha.

I am still typing the essays I wrote on une and inflation.....you guys can have a look and adapt it to external stability.
Bit late now....but as someone esle said external stability was one of the 2001 questions so it has come up before:

"Discuss policy options the Aust Govt can use to achieve external stability"

hmmmmmmmm....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)