Economic Essay Writing (1 Viewer)

tenfour

HSC
N/A
At school, my teacher is always going on about structure in essays. He says that it is my fundamental flaw. For instance, should you put theory before the actual descriptions of what is happening currently in a question about external stability etc.

What do you guys do in essay writing in regards to structure. How do you structure your essays. How about using diagrams and theory?

fishy89sg

HSC
yes, i need help as well; i threw my marks away into the flames of horrible essay flow :burn:

gnrlies

HSC
How about you peeps post some of your essays and some people will give you pointers...

I remember there being a few threads ages ago being written regarding general advice. I remember writing a long post regarding essays.

Perhaps do a search

tenfour

HSC
N/A
Oh thanks heaps for that link. It has so many useful resources!

gamecw

HSC
hey is it true that u can write an eco essay in report form for hsc?

ive done eco for 2 yrs, and i have neva written an 'essay' essay..

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
just go straight into asnwering the question but define all the main points in the question, then backup your arguments/points with relavant statistics and show how it works for a diagram etc, you don't really need and intro, but i always seemed to do a conclusion with a quote or statistic.

Rebecca1234

HSC
Structured essays are just essays that are well structured as in like do not go on about one topic and than go on about another topic For example.

Topic 1 How economies differ ... jus write a whole paragraph on how economies differ and thats it, do not go into another topic in the same paragraph.
So each topic have a different papragraph. If You cannot understand what i am trying to say reply and i will let you know! :) And also, ensure you use alot of economics terms and theories as that will boost ur marks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)