ECON141 textbook useful?? (1 Viewer)

cassidylx

HSC
N/A
I'm wondering if the ECON141 textbook useful? Some ppl say yes and others say no. I have no idea at all right now. Thx!

havy

HSC
there's a textbook for 141?!!:eek:
I thought studyguide notes are the only learning material

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Textbook is definitely not essential...Tonkin's notes are more than enough. If you ever need more reference just go to the library. P.S. I hate Tonkin he's such an ass...

Do not be deluded by the 100% final and study at least 2 days before hte exam not just one :p

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
The final is not 100% anymore. Now there's an assignment and two mid-semester MC tests. The final is worth 74%. I didn't touch the textbook the whole semester, just use the course notes. Apply yourself a little and you'll do well.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Luke! said:
The final is not 100% anymore. Now there's an assignment and two mid-semester MC tests. The final is worth 74%. I didn't touch the textbook the whole semester, just use the course notes. Apply yourself a little and you'll do well.
Damn I really am old :(

74% final is still huge though. When we did it everything during the semester was optional ;) Used to be the greatest subject to cram.

In the final, Tonkin tends to ask theoretical questions (in hte last part only) about heteroscedasticity and stuff, how to identify and shit

rawfromearth

HSC
N/A
There are no quzzies, no assignments anymore in this sem, only 100% in final .
If u dont' study during the weeks, then you'll be easily fail the subject. As no one would force you to study until the final

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hahah ECON141 is one of the most easy subjects to cram.
My marks:hours spent on course ratio was 3.5:1

This includes lecture attendance at lectures/tutes/assignments/study. We had the 100% final - I prefer the bigger final.

dracover

HSC
from memory sem 1 they have 100% finals sem 2 they dont cause thye got different lecturers

about text book : NOT NEEDED

about lectures: DONT GO

about tuts: DONT GO

about study: 1hr before finals is plenty

how did i go with this study method: D

does that tell u how easy it is

the tests from yr to yr is like practically exactly the same

all u do is some t testing (if u did stat170 or 171 u would have done plenty)

u dont even need to do a test onli find critical value. and then theres some short answers on model design which u just need to memorise like 10 points and theres ur marks

admittedly if ur after a HD its not the way to go but gpa wise does it make that big of a difference?

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
the lecture notes should be enough to get you through the course.

along with tutes/assignments/mid sems (all optional but useful) ... if u do these thoroughly and understand them, you will at least pass no matter how smart you are.

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
does anyone know if there's i-lecture for this?!

I can't find it on my WebCT and now i'm thinking, maybe i should go to lect considering i did stat170 > 2 yrs ago!

cassidylx

HSC
N/A
Thank u guys so much! I have some rough idea now.About the lecture,Tolkin is really boring:sleep: Actually,I don't know what he's talking about... ECON141 is so much like the STAT,but unfortunatelly I forget most of them,need to catch up~

rawfromearth

HSC
N/A
I 've missed two weeks lectures already, so i have to go in week4. Unluckily there are seems no i-lectures for this subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)