Econ & Business Subjects choice... (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ahaha i forgot about Frank :)eek: ). But yeah, he's pretty cool

stazi

Nightman
HSC
'pretty cool'. more like UBER MEGA cool. frank even won that super mega ultimate teaching award last year. he also won gay sex from me :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we're aware you have been infatuated for awhile stas.....

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
'pretty cool'. more like UBER MEGA cool. frank even won that super mega ultimate teaching award last year. he also won gay sex from me :)
I have a reference from Frank....
am I UBER MEGA cool?

sarevok

HSC
kow_dude said:
Are all eco and bus. subjects 6 credit points?
from next year onwards, yeah

Toodulu said:
i would do economics.. micro and macro
you learn about things like supply and demand etc it's not very hard. i found it a good balance between theory and its practical implications.
do not take this advice

jpr333

HSC
Haha, macro is a bitch of a subject, micro at least had answers, real life tangible answers.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
macro has answers too...it's just that they are very..."variable". sigh

jpr333

HSC
Fuck that de roos was the man with his non deviating, sticking to the course, understandable lecture slides (invariably allowing you to skip all lectures). Screw Atta and his self tailored lecture slides and teaching programme (oh and crappy accent, what the hell is he saying ??!?)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Ecop schmecop. If you want to do a very very easy subject with no maths at all, try your hand at Accounting 1A. You dont need to go to any lectures, no mid semester assignments - just a participation mark and end of year exam.

Alternatively, you might like to try INFS1000 - much the same.

If that doesn't float your boat, maybe sitting next to Stas and his laptop for a lecture will entertain you....

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
brogan77 said:
Please tell me your joking about INFS.
You should run a confidence interval if you don't believe me.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
myg0t said:
Ecop schmecop. If you want to do a very very easy subject with no maths at all, try your hand at Accounting 1A. You dont need to go to any lectures, no mid semester assignments - just a participation mark and end of year exam.
err alright. here's my summary of acct 1A so far

-weekly hw averaging about 3 exercising taking 1-2 hrs to complete. it is randomly collected 6 times during the sem. i.e must do each week or take the risk.
- class participation mks
- the threat looming over your head if you fail one assessment, you fail the course
- not sure if you absolutely need to go lectures but i think it's useful anyway. every now again, subsituting a lecture for reading the textbook is ok
- 2 quizzes during the semester consisting of 45 MC questions each time. they go for an hr each
- a freaking difficult mid semester exam that goes for two hours
- a practice set to be completed with a 2 hr exam on it after it is handed in. for the record, the prac set is not particularly difficult but it is tricky and time consuming...and like everything that has to do with accounting, T-E-D-I-O-U-S
- a final 2 hr exam that from what ive heard, is almost impossible to complete on time and difficult as well

acct has little maths but it still has more than ecop, which has none.

sarevok

HSC
Sarah168 said:
- the threat looming over your head if you fail one assessment, you fail the course
they don't actually enforce this though. well they didn't last semester, anyway

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
actually, they dont enforce it this semester either

not if abdul wants his 0% failure rate anyway

jpr333

HSC
N O No. I write here for char length satisfaction and just wasted your time, sorry.

milly88

...milly...
HSC
hey sorry if it's a bit off topic (im a new user). I was wondering if anyone could tell me why in the asian market crisis of around 2000 when every other major countrie's economy declined, did australia experience economic growth. does it have anything to do with us hosting the olympics. i would be very grateful for any replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
milly88 said:
hey sorry if it's a bit off topic (im a new user). I was wondering if anyone could tell me why in the asian market crisis of around 2000 when every other major countrie's economy declined, did australia experience economic growth. does it have anything to do with us hosting the olympics. i would be very grateful for any replies.
No. it didnt.
The asian market crisis wasn't due to the olympics. It was due to the rapid withdrawl of investment and funds from the asian economies which spread to many countries dependent on those economies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)